Southern Caribbean Diving

cruisin 07

Cruising on Carnival Fascination this Sept. Have dove many of the ports already but been over 6 years. Have researched this forum but any suggestions on current conditions and dive ops would be greatly appreciated. Only want to dive 4 ports so I can spend some time with my wife. Should St Maarten be moved into the top 4?

Current rating according to my previous dives.

1. Dominica - Al Dive. Understand island hit hard and they are currently closed. Hope up and running by Sept.

2. St Lucia - Island Divers at Ti Kaye Resort

3. St Kitts - Pro Divers.

4. St Thomas - Coki Dive Center Only did shore dives as refresher since was 1st port on each cruise.

Barbado's - no dives

St Maarten - 1st visit.

Thanks

Cruising on Carnival Fascination this Sept. Have dove many of the ports already but been over 6 years. Have researched this forum but any suggestions on current conditions and dive ops would be greatly appreciated. Only want to dive 4 ports so I can spend some time with my wife. Should St Maarten be moved into the top 4?

Current rating according to my previous dives.

1. Dominica - Al Dive. Understand island hit hard and they are currently closed. Hope up and running by Sept.

2. St Lucia - Island Divers at Ti Kaye Resort

3. St Kitts - Pro Divers.

4. St Thomas - Coki Dive Center Only did shore dives as refresher since was 1st port on each cruise.

Barbado's - no dives

St Maarten - 1st visit.

Thanks

For Dominica I 100% agree.

St. Lucia, I've used Scuba Steve's. They are pretty good, and the dive boat picks up at the cruise pier, so super convenient. (http://www.scubastevesdiving.com/)

I would call St. Kitt's a tie with St. Lucia, although I suspect most people would say St. Lucia is better. Perhaps I've just had particularly good luck on St. Kitts. When there I've always used Dive St. Kitts, and been extremely pleased. (www.divestkitts.com)

I would place Barbados above St. Thomas. In Barbados I've dive several times with West Side Scuba Centre, and they are excellent. (www.westsidescuba.com)

St. Thomas if you like the wreck diving, Blue island Divers (www.blueislanddivers.com) is good. if you like the reefs, Aqua Marine Divers is probably your better choice. (www.diveaquamarine.com)

St. Marrten, most people don't rate very highly, but I've found the diving on the Dutch side to be pretty good. Octopus Diving has operations on both the Dutch and French sides, their Dutch Side operation is very convenient, and the diving is nice. (http://www.octopusdivingsxm.com/)

Harris

Denver, CO