First time cruise and pensioner all in same year!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:59 PM.
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
839 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hi there,

Yes, I (Andrew) and a friend (Peter) will be on this one. I was thinking of starting a roll call on CC early in the New Year. I have been lucky enough to have done quite a few cruises over the years but never been on CMV or to Iceland.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Past: Cunard QE2 & Queen Elizabeth; P&O Victoria, Oriana, Arcadia, Aurora, Oceana, Azura; Sea Princess; Celebrity Summit; Fred Olsen Black Watch, Saga Ruby, Portuscale MV Funchal, MS Mayfair (Nile River Cruise), Marella Discovery 2.

Future: CMV Marco Polo to Iceland (2018), P&O Azura to Amsterdam(2019), Coral Princess to Alaska (2019).
839 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by elles5
Will be picking your brains once you start it's a whole new experience for us.
Beware - it can be very addictive
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Past: Cunard QE2 & Queen Elizabeth; P&O Victoria, Oriana, Arcadia, Aurora, Oceana, Azura; Sea Princess; Celebrity Summit; Fred Olsen Black Watch, Saga Ruby, Portuscale MV Funchal, MS Mayfair (Nile River Cruise), Marella Discovery 2.

Future: CMV Marco Polo to Iceland (2018), P&O Azura to Amsterdam(2019), Coral Princess to Alaska (2019).
839 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by yorkshirephil
Having cruised on Marco Polo and been to Iceland I think you are in for a treat.

Hi Andrew, I see you have turned to the dark side.
I was on CC long before CN Phil - but as you can see have posted a lot more on the 'light side'. Cruise Critic Forum was virtually unknown in the UK back in 2009 and catered almost exclusively to USA-based cruise lines. I am looking forward to trying CMV and very much looking forward to seeing Iceland.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Kawerau NZ
6,457 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
You will enjoy Iceland but beware the costs; a very expensive place.

If there is a tour to Stokkseyri for langoustine I can recommend it. We did it with Princess as we had done the Golden Circle trip, also highly recommended, on a previous trip.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUs...th_Region.html
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
Pom by Birth; Coin-Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice; Canuck by Family Ties.

Contact at "casofilia @ xtra . co . nz" (Miss out the gaps)

Previous Cruises:-
#1 Sep 13 Alaska Sapphire Princess
#2 Mar 14 Hawai'i PoA
#3,4,5 Oct 14 Vancouver-Panama-Miami-Bahamas Pearl
#6,7 May 15 Norway & Baltic Star
#8,9 Sep 15 Quebec-Boston-Quebec Dawn
#10,11 Mar 16 Buenos Aires-San Francisco Sun
#12,13 Oct 16 Rome-Singapore Star

#14 Jun 17 Round Britain Caribbean Princess
#15 Jul 17 Dover-New York Sea Princess (Via North Norway & Iceland)
#16 Sep 17 Honolulu-Pape'ete Jewel
#17 Oct 17 Pape'ete-Sydney Jewel

April 18 Yokohama-Shanghai Jewel
April 18 Shanghai-Yokohama Jewel
May 18 Yokohama-Seattle Jewel
Sep 18 Round Australia Sea Princess
839 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Originally posted by casofilia
You will enjoy Iceland but beware the costs; a very expensive place.

If there is a tour to Stokkseyri for langoustine I can recommend it. We did it with Princess as we had done the Golden Circle trip, also highly recommended, on a previous trip.
https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUs...th_Region.html
Many thanks for the tips. Will check out the excursions from CMV when they become available.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Andrew

Wales UK
67 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Excursion brochure in post this morning. Makes me wish I was more mobile there are some amazing things to do and see.