Did Celebrity's Choice Air change to include getting you to the ship at their expense

happy cruzer

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2603727

Many posters on this tread are convinced that Choice Air will get them to the ship with no extra expense. I read the contract and I don't see it. Does any cruise air promise to get you to ship with no extra expense in the contract? I know the marketing often strongly implies it and the the line "may" pay to get you there. Have things changed?

Many posters on this tread are convinced that Choice Air will get them to the ship with no extra expense. I read the contract and I don't see it. Does any cruise air promise to get you to ship with no extra expense in the contract? I know the marketing often strongly implies it and the the line "may" pay to get you there. Have things changed?

I not certain I would ever use these services. However google found this FAQ page for Celebrity. Look at the section under protection and it does suggest they will work to get you to the ship if problem occur.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Flights_Celebrity/17057841_AirCelebrity_FAQs.pdf

I frequently fly Air Canada, and they do the same thing according to their IROP procedures.

I don't believe you'll find any strict guarantees. They will "work with" the airlines, they will take all "reasonable" steps, etc. etc. but there are no guarantees and there can't be. Think about a major weather system that totally shuts down an entire area. When this happens there are no flights, and Choice Air can't just conjure one up out of thin air.

I don't believe you'll find any strict guarantees. They will "work with" the airlines, they will take all "reasonable" steps, etc. etc. but there are no guarantees and there can't be. Think about a major weather system that totally shuts down an entire area. When this happens there are no flights, and Choice Air can't just conjure one up out of thin air.

I think the original poster and yourself are talking about two different things.

The question is, will Choice air (etc.) protect the passenger by covering the expenses association with hotels and flight to permit the passenger to rejoin the flight. In other works the passenger is not out of pocket.

More likely you get booked on the next open flight with the option of going standby on earlier flights. The next available flight could he be the same or several days out. I would hope that they would cover hotels etc. However the wording in ambiguous on that.

The second is, will they get guarantee to get you to the next stop. This can only happen if you start bumping existing passenger. Airlines only do that on very rare cases.

I think the best answer is: Go and read that actual terms and conditions for the cruiseline air program and see for yourself. Not the marketing blurbs, not the interpretation of someone on this forum, nor the anecdotal experiences of random passengers.

If you can read it in black and white, it exists. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

I did read the contract for Celebrity, Cruise Air refers to the main Celebrity contract which has one line about air providers being independent providers - at least that is all I saw. So by omission that means to me that their air program is mainly a travel agent type service with no extra financial coverage guaranteed for "fixing" issues. Just checking to see if I am missing something since several posters disagreed on the thread.

I did read the contract for Celebrity, Cruise Air refers to the main Celebrity contract which has one line about air providers being independent providers - at least that is all I saw. So by omission that means to me that their air program is mainly a travel agent type service with no extra financial coverage guaranteed for "fixing" issues. Just checking to see if I am missing something since several posters disagreed on the thread.

I would interpret " air providers being independent providers" as referring to Air Canada, United, American etc. That is a true statement.

I think you have to look at what it is says about IROP conditions. There is a good chance it does not say anything.

• 1 month later...

I just book a flight arriving the day before. So if my original arrival time was 5 PM and if we arrived at 10 PM we still have time to spare.

A scenario that often comes up is if the next port is not until Aruba or worse the Azores arriving a day before or more during bad weather and staying on after the cruise at your last port is the best insurance to making the ship.

I just got an email about the later boarding time so.we can stay at our hotel located 2 miles from the ship till 12:30 PM and take their free shuttle. If we arrived early morning of the arrival date we may just be waiting in some random hotel lobby with no.shower.

I think the best answer is: Go and read that actual terms and conditions for the cruiseline air program and see for yourself. Not the marketing blurbs, not the interpretation of someone on this forum, nor the anecdotal experiences of random passengers.

If you can read it in black and white, it exists. Otherwise, caveat emptor.

FTer I just book my own air so I can choosd the itinerary and use miles for upgrades. I like to control my own booking. I book the best hotel as close to thd pief as possible. Cavete emptor is not a vocabulary word in my travel dictionary.

I travel often abroad and domestically and have a mental list of 3 itinerary options in case of delays or cancellations. I SDC on Delta plenty of times and to.me its worth using miles for a Domestic First Class or Comfort Plus ticket. I know how to use Twitter and the Delta Call Back feature for reaccomodations as well as their kiosks.