Hilton NOLA Riverside Parking Question

DawgDad93

I’ve seen several helpful threads about staying at the Hilton Riverside and walking to the ship via the mall and several others about parking, but nothing about our specific question.

We will be driving to NOLA, staying 2 nights at the hotel, taking a 7 day cruise, and immediately driving home upon our return. I don’t mind paying $20 per day to park at the port’s lot, but it seems silly to pack up the car at the hotel, drive a half mile at most, park, and unpack when we could just walk from the hotel. So what to do?

1. Can I simply park at the port lot 2 days early since we don’t plan on using the car in NOLA? (Drop family and luggage at Hilton first.)

2. Can I leave it at the Hilton for a decent rate (currently no cruise packages listed for our dates) and do the walk with our luggage in reverse through the mall when we disembark?

3. Anybody have another idea?

Edited by DawgDad93

Last time I stayed at the Hilton they wanted $40/night to park. And I don’t think (could be wrong) that the port would let you park there when you are not on a cruise.

I would have you check with the Fulton Place Parking Center (google them) to see if they can accommodate you for the nine days. They offer a cruise package at $14/night (IIRC) and allow regular parking at $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can confirm $40/night at Hilton..and if you go over 24 hours by a minute it’ll

be an extra $10. Agree with dsotm. Check into Fulton. They have a cruise rate that’s better than the port. And a hotel rate that’s half of what Hilton is. They also have a free shuttle... You could either walk to the port...Or leave most of your luggage in the car... walk to Fulton and take the shuttle from there. Then either way when you get back take the shuttle back to Fulton.

www.newoeansparking.com

Thanks to both of you for the advice. My only concern with that is the day we return from the cruise. We will be on NCL and have priority disembarkation (haven) and I would like to get the heck off the ship and on the road ASAP. Is there much of a wait for the shuttle at that time (seems like there might be)? Is the walk from the ship to Fulton as easy as Google Maps suggests? (2 adults and 2 teens with a roller suitcase and carryon each)

Thanks to both of you for the advice. My only concern with that is the day we return from the cruise. We will be on NCL and have priority disembarkation (haven) and I would like to get the heck off the ship and on the road ASAP. Is there much of a wait for the shuttle at that time (seems like there might be)? Is the walk from the ship to Fulton as easy as Google Maps suggests? (2 adults and 2 teens with a roller suitcase and carryon each)

Oh wait. I haven’t sailed NCL. And I’ve never been in a hurry to get off the ship. But there’s always been a shuttle there for me. And when one fills up...There’s another one already there. If not, it’s not that bad a walk to Julia street terminal. Couple blocks.

We cruised out of New Orleans on the 18th but arrived on the 17th. We stayed at Hilton Riverside but booked our parking with the Fulton Garage for 8 days. The parking at Hilton is $40 a night...crazy. Anyway, we just pulled in front of the hotel and unloaded the luggage. I checked in while my husband stayed in the car because they won't let you just leave the car for a little bit so he made a block and came back and picked me back up. We then drove down the street to Fulton garage and left car and walked back to hotel. The next day we walked through mall with luggage to the port and when we returned there was no wait on the shuttle. They have more than one going at a time. While we were loading there was an empty one parked next to us that would start loading once ours was full. It took maybe 5 mins to get it loaded.

We cruised out of New Orleans on the 18th but arrived on the 17th. We stayed at Hilton Riverside but booked our parking with the Fulton Garage for 8 days. The parking at Hilton is $40 a night...crazy. Anyway, we just pulled in front of the hotel and unloaded the luggage. I checked in while my husband stayed in the car because they won't let you just leave the car for a little bit so he made a block and came back and picked me back up. We then drove down the street to Fulton garage and left car and walked back to hotel. The next day we walked through mall with luggage to the port and when we returned there was no wait on the shuttle. They have more than one going at a time. While we were loading there was an empty one parked next to us that would start loading once ours was full. It took maybe 5 mins to get it loaded.

Just curious, how much did Fulton charge for parking and did they charge a different amount for the first (pre-cruise) day?

Just curious, how much did Fulton charge for parking and did they charge a different amount for the first (pre-cruise) day?

Charged the same price for all days. We done rooftop parking which is the cheapest and I believe it was like $8 a day before tax. Covered parking I believe is around $12. When we arrived on Saturday and the roof top was full and they wanted us to park in a valet spot for that day and come back the next morning and move to rooftop after the cruise before us got cleared out but I refused. I told them it wasn't my fault they sold me a spot that wasn't available and I wasn't walking back the next morning to move my vehicle. They said if I left it in Valet it would be blocked in when I got back so after getting another person out there and throwing a small tantrum they found me an empty spot on level 3 covered parking. There was plenty of the covered spaces open.