Looking to compare Premium Economy on Air Canada and Air France

SnowshoeCat

The title pretty much tells it. I've narrowed down my options for traveling to Paris to either Air Canada or Air France, both using Premium Economy. The price is almost the same, although Air Canada may be slightly less and Air France has a slightly better schedule (as long as they're not on strike). Both are non-stops, no connections. Thank you for any thoughts.

I've never flown in PE on Air Canada so can't comment on that offering, but flew PE on Air France this past October. I found the seat to be extremely uncomfortable. It doesn't recline the way a typical recliner does; it's often described as a "shell" that slides forward and tilts back. Someone here can probably describe it better than I can, but as I said, I found it extremely uncomfortable for trying to sleep. For me personally, I didn't think it was worth the price difference that I paid so in the future if I couldn't swing business class on AF, I'd save my money and fly coach.

Are you going up to Canada to catch the AC flight? Just curious.

Yes. Easy drive to YUL.

I've never flown in PE on Air Canada so can't comment on that offering, but flew PE on Air France this past October. I found the seat to be extremely uncomfortable. It doesn't recline the way a typical recliner does; it's often described as a "shell" that slides forward and tilts back. Someone here can probably describe it better than I can, but as I said, I found it extremely uncomfortable for trying to sleep. For me personally, I didn't think it was worth the price difference that I paid so in the future if I couldn't swing business class on AF, I'd save my money and fly coach.

I've heard that about the clamshell seats. How are the clamshells for just sitting up and reading? What I'm really thinking of doing is flying coach over on the overnight flight, and PE on the way back when I'll be awake.

Oh, and if this thread disappears, it's because I asked to delete it last night. Now I hope it stays, so hopefully the moderators didn't get my message yet.

The title pretty much tells it. I've narrowed down my options for traveling to Paris to either Air Canada or Air France, both using Premium Economy. The price is almost the same, although Air Canada may be slightly less and Air France has a slightly better schedule (as long as they're not on strike). Both are non-stops, no connections. Thank you for any thoughts.

I have done Premium Economy on AC. The seats are nice, wider and more recline than economy. There is an upgraded hot meal, that actually tasks like "real food".

I have only done Air France premium economy on narrow body aircraft. So not quite a fair comparison.

Montreal to Paris is a very popular route.

The other option you may want to consider, is AirTransat. AirTransat economy is the worst of the three airlines on the route. Their Club Class product is a premium economy type offering and quite nice.

Thanks for the info. I did look at Air Transat. The price was good but the schedule is tight. I'm going to be a couple of hours outside of Paris and would have to leave early to get to CDG. I may not be able to take an extra day to make it work.