Is the main dinning room open when we board or is the buffet the only option?

minniem

We last cruised on the Fantasy in December and both Enchanted Garden and Cabana’s were open for lunch on embarkation day. We were on the Wonder a month later and both Triton’s and Cabana’s were open. I believe Triton’s was sit down service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enchanted Garden is a popular alternative to Cabanas for the embarkation day lunch. It's less hectic, has the same buffet as Cabanas and you don't have to search for a table, since you are seated by wait staff.

on the Dream in August 2017, the enchanted garden was fixed menu, not buffet..

we loved it....so relaxing.....much quieter and less hectic than cabanas (the buffet)

and of course, we were able to order multiples dishes.....more than one entree etc...

the service was also GREAT!!

The MDR lunch is a fixed menu now. Not a buffet.

When did that change? I confess, we've always done Cabanas, since we are one of the first boarding and I enjoy the fresh air. We gran one of the tables aft in the shade, so that we're close to the door and the food.

When did that change? I confess, we've always done Cabanas, since we are one of the first boarding and I enjoy the fresh air. We gran one of the tables aft in the shade, so that we're close to the door and the food.

A year or two ago? I don't know...there is nothing gluten-free on the menu I've seen for it that appeals to me (plus it seems like a heavy dinner-like meal, and just no...one a day like that is enough IMHO).

I'm a Cabanas for breakfast and lunch girl. Even being gluten-free I never have any issues up there.

I think it depends on when you board and the weather. If you get on board later (1 pm?) or in bad weather, then the MDR might be better. If you're early and have good weather, go for a table on deck. The quick service stations on the pool deck are open, and you can always send a person or two for a surgical strike on Cabana's. The drink stations on deck are much less crowded than Cabana's. The outside tables also give more space to hide your luggage. Eventually, even the tables on deck start to fill, but most who go to the pool deck go all the way into the fray of Cabana's.

We have never gone to either the MDR or cabanas for lunch the first day. We grab a table by the pool, stack up our carryons and head out for either pizza, the grill or the salad/wrap place. Then change into our swim suits. I can’t imagine wanting to be inside!

We have never gone to either the MDR or cabanas for lunch the first day. We grab a table by the pool, stack up our carryons and head out for either pizza, the grill or the salad/wrap place. Then change into our swim suits. I can’t imagine wanting to be inside!

Cabanas has lovely outside tables. :)

which is why it's great they offer both Cabanas and the MDR.

you like to be outside, while we prefer to eat our lunch in the relaxed quiet atmosphere in the MDR, where we eat until the staterooms are open so we can get rid of our many carryons and then head out to explore.

and since we live in a hot country, 10 minutes from the mediterranean (where i spend almost every day at the beach), the choice between sitting outside or being served by waiters in a nicely appointed air conditioned dining room is pretty clear cut for us...

but again, to each his own....good thing they offer both choices... :cool::cool: