Did anyone else see the story today...

cltdad

Considering that she is 22 and this would be at least her second kid...

From what I read, she was a teenage mom, she’s now pregnant with child #3, her dad employs her husband, he also provided the financial means for them to move to a bigger house for their growing family, and he also paid for this cruise. The dad is also who apparently started the confrontation with the port personnel who eventually got them kicked off the terminal.

I hate to judge, but it seems like the dad may be the one who has enabled this entire situation, long before they went on this cruise. Disney cruises, financial support, and enough free time to blog full time on YouTube, is not how my parent’s would’ve rewarded teenage pregnancies in my family.

And this is exactly why nobody should blog their entire life on YouTube. Now, absolute total strangers (including myself) know everything about this woman and her family! Hopefully this experience will help her mature, but I seriously doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

Shame on this mom for neglecting to be sure of the policy despite her doctor's note. Taking her blunder viral did not make me feel sorry for her - only for the cute little blondie girl who couldn't go. Whatever the cruise line, Disney is entirely without fault here. Clearly, it's the traveler's responsibility to confirm what their "weeks" status will be at the time of DEPARTURE. Cruising was awesome during both my pregnancies (1st on RCCL Freedom of the Seas, 2nd on MSC Spendida). Both lines made it abundantly clear, as I'm sure Disney did. Do you agree?:rolleyes:

Shame on this mom for neglecting to be sure of the policy despite her doctor's note. Taking her blunder viral did not make me feel sorry for her - only for the cute little blondie girl who couldn't go. Whatever the cruise line, Disney is entirely without fault here. Clearly, it's the traveler's responsibility to confirm what their "weeks" status will be at the time of DEPARTURE. Cruising was awesome during both my pregnancies (1st on RCCL Freedom of the Seas, 2nd on MSC Spendida). Both lines made it abundantly clear, as I'm sure Disney did. Do you agree?:rolleyes:

Disney 100% does. When completing online check-in you have to check a box for each woman that she will not be entering the 24th week of pregnancy before or during the cruise.

There is nothing saying “bring a doctor’s note and we will make an exception” - but this special snowflake obviously thought that rules don’t apply to her.

To top it all off, DCL refunded their fares. THAT'S what I don't get.

DH worked for Disney for 16 years. This is pretty common to avoid further bad publicity. Disney takes their image VERY seriously.

It is obvious to anyone with a brain this family knew Baby Mama should not be going on the cruise. Dad acts likes an idiot, the rest of the family jumps in, chaos ensues, someone surely has a damn cell phone, and network news gets a great sound bite.

If the same thing happened on Carnival, RCCL, or Norwegian, would it have the same effect? Would kids be upset if a Mom couldn't go on a Princess cruise? So yes, Disney will refund the money, pay for the meal, whatever, as a gesture of good will. And, people know that as well.

DH worked for Disney for 16 years. This is pretty common to avoid further bad publicity. Disney takes their image VERY seriously.
So, they got a refund. That's nice. Why do I have the funny feeling that, in the fine print, there is a clause along the lines of "don't cruise with us again"?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if snowflake and company (or at least the adults) are flagged from booking on other cruise lines as well?

So' date=' they got a refund. That's nice. Why do I have the funny feeling that, in the fine print, there is a clause along the lines of "don't cruise with us again"?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if snowflake and company (or at least the adults) are flagged from booking on other cruise lines as well?[/quote']

There were probably no stipulations made for the refund. Can you imagine the next story? "Disney won't let my children go on a cruise with Mickey, I don't know why."

It was amazing to me the fuss people would cause even though they were clearly in the wrong. And, they knew they were in the wrong and didn't care.

I remember vising DH one day when he was managing a restaurant in MK. A family came in during dinner rush, no reservation, and Dad said they needed to be seated immediately because their son was diabetic and needed to eat. DH said he would be happy to bring the boy something to eat and drink but they would have to wait until a table became available. There were people before them with reservations, etc. Guy didn't care, he felt they should have priority because his son was diabetic. Long story short, after much yelling by Dad, calling of Guest Services, their meal was comped. Still had to wait for a table and some food was brought out for the kid, but the guy got a free meal out of it.

There were probably no stipulations made for the refund. Can you imagine the next story? "Disney won't let my children go on a cruise with Mickey, I don't know why."

It was amazing to me the fuss people would cause even though they were clearly in the wrong. And, they knew they were in the wrong and didn't care.

I remember vising DH one day when he was managing a restaurant in MK. A family came in during dinner rush, no reservation, and Dad said they needed to be seated immediately because their son was diabetic and needed to eat. DH said he would be happy to bring the boy something to eat and drink but they would have to wait until a table became available. There were people before them with reservations, etc. Guy didn't care, he felt they should have priority because his son was diabetic. Long story short, after much yelling by Dad, calling of Guest Services, their meal was comped. Still had to wait for a table and some food was brought out for the kid, but the guy got a free meal out of it.

Did the restaurant have a table(s) set aside for those kind of people with disabilities? Was ADA law during the time? And would it have applied to a person with diabetes back in the day?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I can't even stop rolling my eyes at this point, I just watched her "vlog" where she attempts to answer her loyal fans' concerns and questions. Like they really care.

Funny how most of her YouTube videos have like 4k views at most (many a lot less than that)... But this one? 109k views. I think we are all in agreement why she did this... people are disgusting.

She kept reiterating that SHE didn't book the cruise, but *someone* (Dad?) DID, and that's the person that clearly lied regarding that question.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Did the restaurant have a table(s) set aside for those kind of people with disabilities? Was ADA law during the time? And would it have applied to a person with diabetes back in the day?

Yes, they do have tables available for special needs and the restaurants will do everything they can to try to accommodate a guest. Even the Chefs. Most people know that they have certain requirements and will either contact the reservations line or talk to the restaurant early in the day to make sure the staff and the table(s) are ready for them. But yes, I understand that emergencies do happen. Disney does pretty darn good at handling those.

DH was trying to work with the Dad. Find an alternative restaurant, set them up in a close fast food location so they could still be served dinner from the restaurant, etc. Again, Dad surely knew his son was diabetic and probably needed to eat by certain times. He just didn't make reservations anywhere. He decided that is where he wanted to eat, he did not like any of the suggestions and felt that someone who had made a reservation and been patiently waiting should give up their table just because his son happened to be a diabetic. I'm sure there were others in the waiting area that were diabetic as well and they were not making a scene.

Yes, they do have tables available for special needs and the restaurants will do everything they can to try to accommodate a guest. Even the Chefs. Most people know that they have certain requirements and will either contact the reservations line or talk to the restaurant early in the day to make sure the staff and the table(s) are ready for them. But yes, I understand that emergencies do happen. Disney does pretty darn good at handling those.

DH was trying to work with the Dad. Find an alternative restaurant, set them up in a close fast food location so they could still be served dinner from the restaurant, etc. Again, Dad surely knew his son was diabetic and probably needed to eat by certain times. He just didn't make reservations anywhere. He decided that is where he wanted to eat, he did not like any of the suggestions and felt that someone who had made a reservation and been patiently waiting should give up their table just because his son happened to be a diabetic. I'm sure there were others in the waiting area that were diabetic as well and they were not making a scene.

Thanks.

Your DH did the right thing. :)

I booked a rc cruise. I found out I was pregnant the next week and would be 26 weeks at the time of sailing. I cancelled my cruise and my deposit was refunded. This didn’t turn into a news story. Honestly, I’m not thrilled Disney even refunded this crazy lady.

Disney will often go out of their way to protect their good name, whether or not they were required to or should have done so. We have been Disney guests for over half century and see their actions very consistent.

Seems this person is getting plenty of "exposure" right here on the board. Perhaps it should just be dropped and reduce her "air time"? JMHO

Oh she’s getting exactly what she wanted. Her YouTube channel has 9,000 subscribers (low), but the blog about her getting kicked off the cruise skyrocketed to over 200,000 views. She wanted to be a YouTube sensation? She got it!

Oh she’s getting exactly what she wanted. Her YouTube channel has 9,000 subscribers (low), but the blog about her getting kicked off the cruise skyrocketed to over 200,000 views. She wanted to be a YouTube sensation? She got it!

I hope we hear no more from Mom-to be and for the sake of an innocent ba by, hope all goes smoothly the rest of this gesta tion and a healthy ba by is born. Sounds like 'Dad', raised an entitled dau ghter who thinks rules do not apply to her, She and her family. She learned otherwise last week.............. and learned it the hard way.

This whole thing is just ridiculous. It doesn't matter who made the reservation or who did the on line check in. That person lied. DCL has been very clear about this policy since 1998. The purpose of the policy is simple--a baby delivered at 24 weeks has a chance at a healthy, take home, intact survival IF born in a tertiary center with appropriate high risk OB and NICU facilities. Those chances decrease to almost nothing if the same child is born in a small rural hospital and has to be transferred to a tertiary center. The chances are best if the mother can be treated at an appropriate location prior to the delivery and perhaps the duration of the pregnancy can be prolonged.

I can't quote any statistics for a baby born on a ship because the cruise lines do everything in their power to prevent this. On DCL, this includes the written policy, the need to check the box for each female indicating that she will not be 24 weeks pregnant at the time of the cruise, and the recommendation that any pregnant woman have documentation from her doctor indicating the length of the gestation at the time of boarding. This is to prevent any question for the woman who shows up claiming to be less than 24 weeks.

10 people showed up and 1 was denied boarding due to lies, whether her own or those voiced on her behalf. The family got very ugly and were treated appropriately given their behavior. The only "error" I see here is that DCL refunded their money when the 9 opted to not cruise....and I guess Disney can use their money as they choose to. As far as I can tell, DCL did no wrong here. The other "wrong" was the news media repeating the story without verification!

The same can be said for the example above of the diabetic child. The mother of a diabetic child knows to carry some appropriate food for her child. The restaurant manager offered some food for the individual, but not a table as one was not available. Disney doesn't owe them a comped meal!

• Like 1