First time on Disney with Kids.

Jthomasou

My wife and I have cruised on Disney before as just adults. It was amazing.

We are bringing our daughter on her first cruise for her 4th birthday.

Are there picture sessions you have to signed up for ahead of time. Or is everything just a set time in the daily activities.

My wife and I have cruised on Disney before as just adults. It was amazing.

We are bringing our daughter on her first cruise for her 4th birthday.

Are there picture sessions you have to signed up for ahead of time. Or is everything just a set time in the daily activities.

You can reserve Princess meet & greet and Frozen meet & greet ahead of time, when your activities booking window opens. Otherwise, there are lots of character meets that you just line up for. They will be noted in your Navigator who's available/when/where.

don't forget to set up a character breakfast too, those are great

Just to avoid lots of questions--character breakfasts are only on cruises of 7 nights or longer. The last I knew, they were still featuring Disney, Jr. characters. They are included with the cruise cost but do require an advance reservation.

There are also some specialty cruises with additional character sign ups. If any of these are offered on your cruise, you'll find the sign up on line with the other on board activities you can book in advance. If there are not any listed, there are none offered on your cruise.

You can also get her signed up for the kids club in advance as well. I believe I did it before we left home but there was also a member of the staff at the port signing kids up while waiting for boarding time. And the first thing we did when boarding was headed to the sign up area for the Frozen and Princess Meets. I believe it was right next to the shore excursion desk on The Dream.

You can also get her signed up for the kids club in advance as well. I believe I did it before we left home but there was also a member of the staff at the port signing kids up while waiting for boarding time. And the first thing we did when boarding was headed to the sign up area for the Frozen and Princess Meets. I believe it was right next to the shore excursion desk on The Dream.

You can do the registration for the Oceaneer's Club and Lab on line in advance, but you still need to "confirm registration" and get the band for the child after boarding. This used to happen in the terminal or on board, but more recently has been on board only. It could change again next week!

DO NOT wait to get the Frozen and Princess gathering sign ups until after boarding. Do them on line in advance. It will save you time after boarding as well as reducing the chance of the tickets you need being gone before you get there!

You can do the registration for the Oceaneer's Club and Lab on line in advance' date=' but you still need to "confirm registration" and get the band for the child after boarding. This used to happen in the terminal or on board, but more recently has been on board only. It could change again next week!

[/quote']

It may have already changed! When we boarded the Magic in Miami on April 6, 11 days ago, they gave our kids the bands in the terminal before we got on board the ship. We had registered on-line in advance.

FWIW, when we arrived at the port to check in, things were virtually empty. We had a scheduled port arrival time of 2:00-2:30, but we showed up early at about 1:45. We didn't have to wait at all to check in. Perhaps if there had been long lines, they would have skipped the bands in the terminal, and told us to get them on the ship? I don't know what their policy is; I can only report on what our own individual experience was.

Thanks for the update. The issue of handing out the bands seems to be in flux right now with various reports from recent cruises. I've always seen it in the terminal but others have reported in the last 2 months that it was "only on board" and that there were now lines on board to get them.

I guess the bottom line is that you should get them whenever you see a short line or no line at all!