Hotel Departure Time Dubai

Floridaholic

I am staying in Fubai overnight the day before my cruise on Quest. Flights, hotel and all transfers booked by Azamara.With great difficulty as they don't read messages and tweets properly, I am trying to find out approx what time I will be picked up at my hotel and taken to the ship. We sail at 6pm nit want to make arrangements to do something whilst in Dubai so need an idea from anyone who has stayed in Dubai the night before oreven elsewhere and might have an idea. Thanks for any help anyone can give 😊

What time does it say for embarkation on your e-docs? For a 6 pm departure I would expect it to be from 12:30 or 1:00. If that is the case I would expect your transfer to be at a time to get you to the terminal for 12:30/1:00. The exact time will depend on where your hotel is. Traffic is bad in Dubai. Have you tried ringing Azamara?

We generally do not plan on doing very much on the morning of cruise embarkation as we always aim to be onboard for lunch. We have never used Azamara for transfers to the ship, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your reply Grandma. I hadn't been notified that there was an answer (unlike Trip Advisor). I haven't got docs yet as not till November but ship departs 6pm according to itinerary. My agent booked everything through Azamara which after the debacle with a private transfer from MSC Splendida a few weeks ago I am glad of. I was hoping to get to Miracle Garden in the morning as missed it when there recently but when I have checked their website, I don't think it opens again till the week later. Maybe I will just take time to look around the nearby Souq. A friend who has travelled with Azamara who I have spoken to since posting also said about midday so I will around that sort of time.

Thanks again and happy cruising.

x

Hello, We had an Azamara transfer from the hotel in Dubai and were picked up at about 12 noon. Breakfast at the hotel was included in our package, and we were onboard for lunch. Hope that helps.

Ahhh, Dubai! Like Vegas--without the fun.

As you arrive at the airport look around at all of the "Third Country Nationals" (TCNs)--indentured servants working to support their family in some poor, far-away country. Typically their passport is held by the person who "owns" them, that is, the person or firm who paid for their work visa, flight to Dubai from their Third World homeland, and all the costs associated with obtaining a work visa, including the fees charged by the labor firms.

I lived in the Gulf for several years and the human slavery in Dubai is disgusting and depressing. Many of the TCNs know what they are in for before they leave their homeland; many do not. Dubai is the center of the Middle East sexual slavery traffic--as well as the world's hub for illegal arms trade.

Try to peel back the curtains and look behind the facade of Dubai--talk to the TCNs and ask them where they are from, who they support at home, and how long they've been in Dubai. In your brief encounter endeavor to build rapport so you can ask the questions which will dispel the heavily lacquered myth of Dubai.

When eating out, be sure to ask the server if she or he will get to keep the tip if you add it to the charge slip, if not, leave cash so that you know they benefit from your generosity. These people are salt of the earth people, and but for the grace of God there go you.

Aargh!