Best month to sail- help!

IsabelG

Hi Guys!

I’m looking for advice- wanting to book a cruise on Fantasy for late Fall/Winter 2019, as soon as the new schedule is released (May??). My son will be in kindergarten so I have no problem pulling him out of school to sail at a lower price. I’m thinking October, November, Early December?

I want to save money, but I also want to be able to enjoy the water at Castaway and use the pools. What would you recommend as lower cost week plus still warm enough to enjoy?

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Guys!

I’m looking for advice- wanting to book a cruise on Fantasy for late Fall/Winter 2019, as soon as the new schedule is released (May??). My son will be in kindergarten so I have no problem pulling him out of school to sail at a lower price. I’m thinking October, November, Early December?

I want to save money, but I also want to be able to enjoy the water at Castaway and use the pools. What would you recommend as lower cost week plus still warm enough to enjoy?

Thanks for any advice!

You are looking to sail in Hurricane season? That is not the best way to go.;p

Where are you coming from? If in the North, you might have cancelled flights due to bad weather.

We have cruised the Fantasy in early November a few times for our son's birthday, have not had problems with the pools being too cold, water at Castaway was warm enough on some trips and too cold for my wife on others at that time of year. Generally hurricanes would not be that much of a concern in November, October can be another issue re: hurricanes.

We were thinking right after Thanksgiving, which would hopefully get us just about out of Hurricane season, and before any heavy duty snow here in the northeast, but my concern was it being too cold- sounds like it’s a chance either way?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a favorite time of year to do the Caribbean? My knowledge is very limited!

Both times I have cruised the Fantasy have been in December. I don't remember having any problems with the weather being cold or the water but I can't guarantee anything. I know my son swam in the pools every day! Early December is great time to cruise on DCL because it is a Very Merry Christmas cruise, but much cheaper than cruising AT Christmas.

Our favorite times are September and the first 2 weeks of December. We've had ports changed due to a hurricane...so you need to be willing to be a bit adventurous. NO captain is going to take the ship toward a hurricane--they will alter the ports you'll visit if that becomes an issue. And yes, we had one cruise shortened. That's what travel insurance is for. September will be warm but not hot and most of our cruises then have been uneventful.

December will have all the Christmas decorations and activities without the high prices. But the weather will be cooler. It may or may not be cool enough to impact your enjoyment; usually not a problem in our case.

The first two weeks of December are the least expensive by far. August and September the past few years are the most likely to have hurricanes. If you can't book the first two weeks of December, the first couple weeks of November would make for good backup dates.

The first two weeks of December are the least expensive by far. August and September the past few years are the most likely to have hurricanes. If you can't book the first two weeks of December, the first couple weeks of November would make for good backup dates.

Very helpful, thank you! I’m thinking the weekend after Thanksgiving possibly- hoping it will still be warm enough. I’m not brave enough to do September, I had to cancel a WDW trip due to Irma so I’m skittish about Hurricane season, only because it’s so difficult for us to get time off of work. I’d definitely enjoy seeing the Christmas decorations.

Very helpful, thank you! I’m thinking the weekend after Thanksgiving possibly- hoping it will still be warm enough. I’m not brave enough to do September, I had to cancel a WDW trip due to Irma so I’m skittish about Hurricane season, only because it’s so difficult for us to get time off of work. I’d definitely enjoy seeing the Christmas decorations.

Yes, the week after Thanksgiving is typically a less expensive trip to book as well. Good luck with your search and whatever you choose have a great cruise!