Putting luggage out on the last night...ughhh!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:41 AM.
Mojave Desert
292 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by grapau27
We always use combination locks.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app
Look carefully, if they are "TSA Approved", they also have a keyhole for the TSA.

If they are TravelSentry, the keyhole will even be marked "TSA00#", from 1 - 7.
(All SafeSkies locks use the same, eighth, key)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MV Royal Majesty • N Caribbean
MS Zenith • Bermuda
MS Rhapsody of the Seas • S Caribbean
MS Ryndam • Alaska
MS Horizon • Bermuda
MV Yorktown Clipper • San Francisco/Sacramento (!)
MS Paul Gauguin • Tahiti
MS Navigator • St Lawrence Seaway
MS Emerald Princess • Australia/New Zealand
MS Ruby Princess • California Coast
MS Eurodam • Alaska
Sunderland England
7,605 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Ah yes. There's no crime over there.
There is but you just need to be sensible.
We have been to Orlando 30 times since 1992 and love the area.

sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
7,221 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
There is but you just need to be sensible.
We have been to Orlando 30 times since 1992 and love the area.

Of course but it doesn't hurt to be cautious about putting anything of value in a suitcase left in the hallway. If we bring anything of value it remains with us all the time.
Whatever we give to Princess to take off the ship are articles that no one would want to steal anyway.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 645/72/826/90
Sunderland England
7,605 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by floridalover5623
Of course but it doesn't hurt to be cautious about putting anything of value in a suitcase left in the hallway. If we bring anything of value it remains with us all the time.
Whatever we give to Princess to take off the ship are articles that no one would want to steal anyway.
Our suitcases have 4 wheels and for years we have always taken our own cases off every ship we have been on.

11,947 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Our suitcases have 4 wheels and for years we have always taken our own cases off every ship we have been on.

That's great, and I'm glad that you can physically handle all your luggage needs. Not everyone is so fortunate.
Sunderland England
7,605 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by moki'smommy
That's great, and I'm glad that you can physically handle all your luggage needs. Not everyone is so fortunate.
Thanks, the 4 wheels means we can just push the cases and definitely make it much easier but I'm sympathetic to the fact not everyone can do this.

Cambridgeshire
2,912 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Thanks, the 4 wheels means we can just push the cases and definitely make it much easier but I'm sympathetic to the fact not everyone can do this.

This is fair enough but four-wheelers have had their day. If you want top efficiency like I achieve get a case like mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XExrOK6gipA

Regards John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John Watson

Ships cruised on
RMS Queen Elizabeth, SS France, Oronsay, Oceana, Vision of the Seas, Caribbean Princess, Aurora,
Queen Mary 2, Star Flyer, Star Clipper, Grand Princess, Queen Elizabeth, Azura, Ruby Princess, Ventura, Diamond Princess, Britannia, Emerald Princess, Navigator of the Seas, Queen Victoria
Las Vegas
11,577 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by john watson
This is fair enough but four-wheelers have had their day. If you want top efficiency like I achieve get a case like mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XExrOK6gipA

Regards John
How about this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQFoa1X_-g

Wonder what those things way. Also, how do you deal w the limits of the batteries that you can bring on a plane.

DON
San Mateo, California
5,742 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
well over 60 cruises, 30 years of travel all over the world. never lost a suitecase... we always book direct flights, no code share between airlines... putting luggage out the night before is a non issue... plenty of other things to worry about traveling.
1,025 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Things are going to change. On our last cruise in April we were quized intensively at the airline ticket counter about leaving our bags our at night for collection. We asked the agent later when we saw him at the boarding gate. It’s the new normal. If you don’t have control your bags all the time you have a potential problem.
11,947 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Originally posted by rockdoctor
Things are going to change. On our last cruise in April we were quized intensively at the airline ticket counter about leaving our bags our at night for collection. We asked the agent later when we saw him at the boarding gate. It’s the new normal. If you don’t have control your bags all the time you have a potential problem.
I guess you are correct that it is a potential problem. On my April 11 flight after the cruise, I got the usual questions and I gave the answer that my bag was out of my control while it was under the supervision of the cruise line. Nothing more was said, no details requested, no luggage inspection.
Riverside, CA
2,513 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Originally posted by moki'smommy
I guess you are correct that it is a potential problem. On my April 11 flight after the cruise, I got the usual questions and I gave the answer that my bag was out of my control while it was under the supervision of the cruise line. Nothing more was said, no details requested, no luggage inspection.
I like your reponce. I will have to file it for later.
I can see why some people would want to carry off on their own, but some do seem a bit over the top (paranoid comes to mind). As I stated earlier in this thread, and even after all the concerns that have been aired, we will continue to place our bags out and will not have any second thoughts.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
EMAIL me if you dare (I don't bite) In Google Chrome, if the email link does not take you to your email page, just right click the link, select copy email. In Explorer select Properties and copy the address.

Future:
Ruby Princess Alaska June 2018
Coral Princess Pacific Rim Sept to Nov 2018
Royal Princess Mexican Riviera April B2B with Royal Princess Coastal Wine Cruise May 2019
Princess Only:
Crown Princess Coastal 2016; Star Princess 2016 South America; Caribbean Princess 2015 Canada/New England; Crown Princess 2015 West Coast Getaways; Ruby Princess 2014 Canada/New England; Crown Princess 2014 Coastal; Golden Princess 2013 Coastal; Royal Princess 2013 Inaugural Grand Med; Sapphire Princess 2012 Mexico; Crown Princess 2010 Iceland/Norway; Golden Princess 2009 Coastal; Star Princess 2009 Sydney to LA; Star Princess 2009 Alaska; Sapphire Princess 2009 Coastal; Island Princess 2008 Panama Canal; Golden Princess 2008 Mexico; Golden Princess 2007 Mexico; Regal Princess 2007 (Last Sailing) Hawaii ; Island Princess 2005 Hawaii; Star Princess 2003 Mexico; Princess 2000 Canada/New England; Star Princess 1995 Caribbean; Princess 1995 Europe; Royal Princess 1994 Caribbean; Star Princess 1993 Alaska;
Others:
Northern Europe Fr, Ir, UK, Nor, Den, Bel; Pacific Coastal (3); Bermuda; Mexico (2); Alaska