Celebrity Website Problems?

BizDoc

I've been able to view my Calendar and reserve dining and excursions....Go to Plan my vacation, Enhance my vacation, Visit Cruise Planner, Find my reservation and take it from there. Had several pmt rejections. Just had to exit Cruise Planner and go through the whole rigamarole again to get it to accept reservation.

Been there, done that..no luck today. DH, who works with computers just scratches his head,,,

I know they made a big deal about a year ago when they announced they were working on a new website and I believe at that time they named their supplier (who I thought was Accenture but I could be wrong)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

;p that explains a lot. Yikes! Have not had good experience with Accenture.

• 5 months later...

Well today I received an invoice for a full fare Aqua Class cabin (for $1,800) after we had booked, paid and checked in on a deal for Loyal customers. i am sure they will fix it but it is an example of how bad their IT systems are. The web site is awful and we are thinking it is back to Princess who have allocated a dedicated person for us.

• 6 months later...

I am having a problem with booking shore excursions on the Celebrity website. I have been trying for the past couple of weeks. I get a message saying 'Oops, there is an error' or sometimes a message saying that I have been locked out due to privacy.

I did manage to check in and print my boarding pass but still have no access to shore excursion bookings.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having a problem with booking shore excursions on the Celebrity website. I have been trying for the past couple of weeks. I get a message saying 'Oops, there is an error' or sometimes a message saying that I have been locked out due to privacy.

I did manage to check in and print my boarding pass but still have no access to shore excursion bookings.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. Same error message, all while using my tablet. Called Celebrity and they suggested using a desk or laptop. That seems to work. But my tablet used to work too.. who knows. Frustrating to say the least.

I have several suggestions. First, this thread except for the last few posts is a year old. Second, you didn't say what you were using to access the site. Here's a suggestion. With a laptop or desktop using Edge or Chrome as browser, delete your cookies and cache. Then open an InPrivate or Incognito window. Don't log in with your user name and password. Click the menu icon on the upper left, then click cruise planner. Again, don't log in, instead click Find Reservation. Then enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date and click enter. That way has been working better, but no guarantees. If that doesn't work, call and have them assist you at 800-760-0654.

Good luck.

I have several suggestions. First, this thread except for the last few posts is a year old. Second, you didn't say what you were using to access the site. Here's a suggestion. With a laptop or desktop using Edge or Chrome as browser, delete your cookies and cache. Then open an InPrivate or Incognito window. Don't log in with your user name and password. Click the menu icon on the upper left, then click cruise planner. Again, don't log in, instead click Find Reservation. Then enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date and click enter. That way has been working better, but no guarantees. If that doesn't work, call and have them assist you at 800-760-0654.

Good luck.

That's all well and good, but consider this. YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE TO DO THAT! There are other websites that I use all the time that I don't have to do that for to get them to work.

It's worse than it was 5 years ago. It's an embarrassment for a major corporation.

That's all well and good, but consider this. YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE TO DO THAT! There are other websites that I use all the time that I don't have to do that for to get them to work.

It's worse than it was 5 years ago. It's an embarrassment for a major corporation.

WHOA! DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! I agree completely with your sentiments, but I was only trying to be nice and offer help and a possible workaround solution. I thought that would be more productive than just ranting about the awful website.:eek:

WHOA! DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER! I agree completely with your sentiments, but I was only trying to be nice and offer help and a possible workaround solution. I thought that would be more productive than just ranting about the awful website.:eek:

I wasn't yelling at you, just about the situation. It's just unacceptable.

I wasn't yelling at you, just about the situation. It's just unacceptable.

Agreed most heartily. I've posted the same sentiments on multiple threads (some of which I've started). It is mind boggling that it's been allowed to go on for over a year.

It's interesting rereading the old posts from one year ago on this thread....especially the ones where people report that they were told the website was being completely redone and in a few weeks/months time it would be greatly improved. Well, that never happened.

I, too, am getting more and more frustrated trying to access my reservation and look into shore excursions. Those idiotic messages about privacy that tell me to wait and try again later drive me nuts. Fortunately, my next X cruise isn't for nine months. I doubt their website will be working any better then, but at least I can ignore it for a while.

It's interesting rereading the old posts from one year ago on this thread....especially the ones where people report that they were told the website was being completely redone and in a few weeks/months time it would be greatly improved. Well, that never happened.

I, too, am getting more and more frustrated trying to access my reservation and look into shore excursions. Those idiotic messages about privacy that tell me to wait and try again later drive me nuts. Fortunately, my next X cruise isn't for nine months. I doubt their website will be working any better then, but at least I can ignore it for a while.

I just tried Luvcrusn's tip - post 36- about not logging in but first go to the menu and choose cruise planner then on find reservation, put in reservation number and cruise details. Success! I hope this works for you too!

I had a lot of OBC so booked many ship tours for my cruise in June. Thank you for your help Luvcrusn!

I do not have problems, for booking shorex, restaurant, beverage pkg, etc we use Firefox a login to the cruise planner from the menu upper left side and with the booking data.

I've had very good success with Firefox as well as Edge. The one quirky thing that still bugs me, though, is having multiple selections that should take you to the same page but don't.

Coincidentally, this week I’ve spent over an hour on the phone with Celebrity (again) for database issues that should have been sorted over five years ago. Oh yes, the web site was completely redone, but those bright souls in corporate don’t seem to have realized that the new web site is still being populated with flawed data from their Frankenstein IT system. I wonder if the CTO is incompetent or if corporate simply won’t listen.

Another mess. I completed check in several weeks ago. The main page shows check in completed. Now I receive a message that all the info is missing. I have printed by Express Pass several weeks ago. Anyone else having same problem?

Another mess. I completed check in several weeks ago. The main page shows check in completed. Now I receive a message that all the info is missing. I have printed by Express Pass several weeks ago. Anyone else having same problem?

Not X, but when I ran into a RCL booking issue this morning we dealt with it very well by going to CS. They were very good. Should we have to? Probably not, but they did a fine job.