Infinity drydock

lullman1

Please do report in DreadPirateRobert, as to what you discover during your awesome cruise. We board in Ft Lauderdale on May 2!

Having a wonderful time. There appear to be no issues with propulsion. As noted by many the Infinity is definitely showing her age and wear in some areas. Pools could be cleaner, deck tiles cracked and generally in need of a major refit.

However, the food is great, the crew friendly and helpful. I can honestly say that none of the issues with ship’s condition have detracted from our enjoyment of this vacation.

Having a wonderful time. There appear to be no issues with propulsion. As noted by many the Infinity is definitely showing her age and wear in some areas. Pools could be cleaner, deck tiles cracked and generally in need of a major refit.

However, the food is great, the crew friendly and helpful. I can honestly say that none of the issues with ship’s condition have detracted from our enjoyment of this vacation.

That's so wonderful to hear! Glad you're having a great time! Thanks for checking back in!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am really glad to hear that you’re having a good time on Infinity. The ship has been the objects of a fair amount of negative critics; which had me a bit concerned about our upcoming cruise in June. Thank you very much for your feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having a wonderful time. There appear to be no issues with propulsion.

Does the wake seem even off the aft of the ship? I was on the cruise just before the drydock and you could definitely tell the unevenness -one azipod was working fine and the other (starboard side) was not.

We saw on a FB post today that there is an outbreak of norovirus on this sailing. We were supposed to be on this sailing but had to cancel due to health issues, fortunately we always have insurance. We were on the Century in 2007 with the same issue:(. Not fun!

We saw on a FB post today that there is an outbreak of norovirus on this sailing. We were supposed to be on this sailing but had to cancel due to health issues, fortunately we always have insurance. We were on the Century in 2007 with the same issue:(. Not fun!

Really?

Is it a private post---as I don't see anything about this on the public posts on FB...the last major outbreak post is dated 2015

I doubt that the Norovirus is a result of the drydock.....it can happen on any cruise and usually caused by a passenger bringing it on board. Actually, I'd be very surprised if didn't do a deep clean of kitchen and serving areas. That's one of the tasks that the crew generally does during drydocks.....

Really?

Is it a private post---as I don't see anything about this on the public posts on FB...the last major outbreak post is dated 2015

The post was in a Royal Caribbean group on FB since she had booked the trip on a Royal ship. I checked with the poster and she replied she is currently on the Infinity. She also added the schedule said “if you are feeling ill, don’t come to the medical facility. Stay in your room and call. The staff is spraying everywhere. “ I will try and post a photo of her post.

Currently onboard the Infinity. Got letters in cabin from captain several days ago about norovirus onboard. Much sanitizing of surfaces with strong smell, hand sanitizer everywhere. No self service of anything...not just on buffets , but also drink stations and at dinner , bread and butter placed on your plate along with paper packets of salt and pepper. This morning, the library books were locked up and guests requested to check out books at passenger services (?) not sure how that'll work... lines move slower at buffets, do feel sorry for staff as they are running around nonstop. Do understand it's to keep it from spreading....

Then if you would just copy/paste the text of the post, that would be appreciated.

A picture really isn't necessary.

I am doing this on a tablet and cannot copy and paste from the FB post. I also saw a screenshot from a gentleman who is going on the Infinity on the Westbound PC cruise next week. They have been advised to arrive for an afternoon boarding due to cleaning of the ship because a small percentage of guests suffered from gastrointestinal illness. I do not make this information up:cool:

Currently onboard the Infinity. Got letters in cabin from captain several days ago about norovirus onboard. Much sanitizing of surfaces with strong smell, hand sanitizer everywhere. No self service of anything...not just on buffets , but also drink stations and at dinner , bread and butter placed on your plate along with paper packets of salt and pepper. This morning, the library books were locked up and guests requested to check out books at passenger services (?) not sure how that'll work... lines move slower at buffets, do feel sorry for staff as they are running around nonstop. Do understand it's to keep it from spreading....

Hope the last part of the cruise has been better. I watched you through the Canal yesterday and now I can't wait until we get to do it next on May 7th! Quick question - since this is. 15 night cruise, do you have 3 Evening Chic nights? I'm starting my packing today and that would be good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, three elegant nights ....but elegant is stretching it. Been very casual all the time. And...seriously probably too much TMI... but bring extra underwear... it's so hot and humid that you'll go through two sets in a day. ... seriously. That's the kind of packing hints I would appreciate :evilsmile::evilsmile:

Yes, three elegant nights ....but elegant is stretching it. Been very casual all the time. And...seriously probably too much TMI... but bring extra underwear... it's so hot and humid that you'll go through two sets in a day. ... seriously. That's the kind of packing hints I would appreciate :evilsmile::evilsmile:

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I’m expecting the heat and the humidity, didn’t plan for 3 dressy evenings. Hopefully the A/C onboard is adjusted to be comfortable indoors. :cool:

Wow! That is fantastic information and definitely not TMI, in these circumstances! [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great 411. That's where being elite and up is nice. Free wash and fold laundry.

Great 411. That's where being elite and up is nice. Free wash and fold laundry.

The return rate on the free elite bag of laundry was if it was left in the morning , it was returned the next day in the evening. Friends who paid for laundry got it back a little quicker. Elite breakfast has been held in the Tuscan Grill ( and served to you since the norovirus outbreak) and daily cocktail time was held up in the Constellation lounge .