Can you upgrade from Classic Package to Premium?

DonRobertoSanJuan

For a lot of people keeping the Classic Package and just paying the occasional difference on a more premium drink is a less expensive way to go. However, if you love the Martini Bar or World Class Bar or the better wines in Cellar Masters, and frequent them daily, then the premium upgrade is the way to go.

Thank you all for the info! Guess will try the standard, if it doesn't seem to work with what we want to order, we can go ahead and upgrade once onboard. Not so much worried about the wine selections, we are no wine experts, but liquor we are fussy on. And I do love those martinis.........!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't see anyone answer your ask about cost to upgrade. Last time I recently checked it was $10 per person per day pre taxes ... $11.80 taxes in, so 7 day upgrade for one person would be $82.60 (US) total. Prices change all the time so that could have had a minor change but I'm sure will come on and confirm or correct that cost.

Like others, I have had to call in past to get it done by Celebrity (or TA if that is how booked) as I did not see online. It may have been too far out when I was adding. I notice another thread mention on board recently an offer to upgrade and get two days discount so in that case the 7 day would be only $59. There would be no loss to wait until on board to do the upgrade so for me personally, if I decide to upgrade again, that is what I am doing for next cruise.

Others debate it's worth, but I do not cruise as often as I would like so if I will utilize even a little and it adds to the joy of my trip, I will just upgrade. Considering the cost of the cruise and all the getting there and back costs for me way up here in Canada :), this is very very small in comparison.

Edited by poffles

Does anyone have the answer to this question?? Thank you!

You don’t have to upgrade every one. I upgraded my husband to premium ... I was fine with the classic package on the Summit last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to upgrade option for my next cruise in March. However, the other two later bookings do not have that option. I wonder if it is something that shows up closer to the sail date.

YES, this is exactly what happens.

I discovered this sort of by accident. Somewhere between 20 and 30 days before sailing - if you already have the classic bev package - when you log onto your account you will see an offer to upgrade your classic package to premium (mine appeared in a pop-up window the first time). This happened for our last X cruise in September, and it literally just popped up a couple days ago for our upcoming cruise in January (about 25 days pre-boarding).

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers! :cocktail:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had the classic alcohol package for our May 13 cruise. Once we went to 30 days out on our cruise planner, I clicked on the dining/beverage and a little note came up for us to "upgrade" to the premium package. It charged us $10/day plus the 18% tip. Very easy - we could use our on board credit to pay or choice of credit card. But - I believe it does not show up until the magic 30 days out!;)