Cell service while sailing on Adventure of the seas from Bayonne NJ to Bahamas

Nj2018

Hi,

I’m taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean Adventurer of the Seas from Bayonne New Jersey to the Bahamas and I had a question.

Will I have service on my Verizon iPhone while sailing along the east coast?

I’m debating whether to purchase the internet plan for the whole trip or just for the few days that’s we will be away from the east coast line.

Your phone will work just fine on the ship.....just be prepared to pay $$$$

Would I need to purchase WiFi for the whole duration of the cruise? Or will I have Verizon service while going down the east coast ?

You will have land based cell service when you can see land. Which is a very short period of time.

If you turn on Wifi calling on your phone, before you leave home, you can get an internet plan on board and make and receive calls for free.

You will have land based cell service when you can see land. Which is a very short period of time.

If you turn on Wifi calling on your phone, before you leave home, you can get an internet plan on board and make and receive calls for free.

OR tell your family at home you are on vacation, turn it off and put it in the safe until debarkation...cost "0"

Note that wifi and mobile data are two different methods to access the www. Wifi will have very limited range and you'll need to purchase access from the ship. Mobile data piggybacks on your cellphone signal. While cellphone signals have a greater range, the farther away from a cell tower the more the signal degrades. Your phone will always look for the strongest signal which will be the ships cell tower. Unless Verizon has a cruise ship/international plan be prepared to pay big per minute for data or voice.

Would I need to purchase WiFi for the whole duration of the cruise? Or will I have Verizon service while going down the east coast ?

If you do not plan to spend much time on line (a good idea because cruising is meant to be a change of pace) you can pay by the minute, or buy a block of minutes, rather than unlimited time.

If you do not plan to spend much time on line (a good idea because cruising is meant to be a change of pace) you can pay by the minute, or buy a block of minutes, rather than unlimited time.

I don’t really need to use the phone for calls or text. I just need to do some work while I’m away by connecting to my work computer.

Just to be clear, you do not sail down the coast in proximity to the land to the Bahamas - you are many miles off the coast at sea and well out of range of any land based cell towers. Any cell service you have will be by way of ship satellite link up. Verizon offers several reasonably priced at sea plans for service on board. Or you can sign up for the ship's wifi service.

You cannot buy minutes for RC internet access. The least amount of time you can buy is one continuous 24-hour period.

You cannot buy minutes for RC internet access. The least amount of time you can buy is one continuous 24-hour period.

How much does it cost for all 7 days? And how many if I get it for only 24 hours period?

Is there a way to get it cheaper online before we board?