Our day in St. Thomas from the MSC Divina!

JustinPlusLauren

As someone who has visited St. Thomas on numerous occasions, we ended up deciding not to book a tour this time and wandered around Charlotte Amalie from Havensight (aboard the MSC Divina). It was interesting to see St. Thomas after the hurricanes ripped through (we visited in February) as we were able to see some damage and closures. However, great to see the island starting to bounce back and welcome tourists to the port.

Here's my full review with a ton of photos:

https://justinpluslauren.com/st-thomas-cruise-port/

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions! :)

As someone who has visited St. Thomas on numerous occasions, we ended up deciding not to book a tour this time and wandered around Charlotte Amalie from Havensight (aboard the MSC Divina). It was interesting to see St. Thomas after the hurricanes ripped through (we visited in February) as we were able to see some damage and closures. However, great to see the island starting to bounce back and welcome tourists to the port.

Here's my full review with a ton of photos:

https://justinpluslauren.com/st-thomas-cruise-port/

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions! :)

Awesome review of St Thomas. This is what we've pretty much done the last few times we've been there. The Skyride is pretty great and we loved having Bushwhackers at Paradise point.

We'll be in St Thomas again in August and plan on either taking the ferry to St John's or heading over to Magen's Bay.

Awesome review of St Thomas. This is what we've pretty much done the last few times we've been there. The Skyride is pretty great and we loved having Bushwhackers at Paradise point.

We'll be in St Thomas again in August and plan on either taking the ferry to St John's or heading over to Magen's Bay.

Gotta love those Bushwackers!!!!!

I only wish we could have ridden the Skyride - turns out it opened like a day after we were in port. Next time! I'm sure I'll be back :)

I've done the ferry to St. Johns for a snorkel trip and it was lots of fun. Beautiful island! Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing! I had not heard of Magic Ice, would like to go, but appears they have not or are not going to reopen after the hurricane.

Oh no! I hope that they will someday reopen - it was a lot of fun! Maybe they need to wait on insurance money, from what I heard it's taking a long time for people to receive it there :(

Boarding first cruise tomorrow and hitting St Thomas for first time. Wanting to have a taxi take us to pre- selected places and Magen's Beach... any must see spots you would recommend/overlooks/etc, thanks!

The taxi will take you to preselected places- usually an overview or two- and Magens. Often they will have shopping in town thrown in. The taxis are vans and open safari vehicles, not taxi cabs like you are accustomed to.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for sharing! We'll be visiting St. Thomas in a little over a week, taking our first cruise with our kids. I have not booked an excursion either- I think we'll be spending a couple of hours at Sapphire Beach and then spend some time wandering around Charlotte Amelie as well. I'm thinking my kids will enjoy Paradise Point. My husband gets bored after a couple of hours at the beach, so we'll likely be splitting our time similarly at each port.