Bed wetting

blitznbobs

Awesome discussion. I'm adding bed pads to my packing list. DD is 3 and some nights even the overnight diaper isn't enough. The sheets getting wet doesn’t worry me but I don't want her to get the mattress wet! I'm sure a nice tip for the steward is all they'll need for the inconvenience of the wet sheets. A wet mattress though...

Glad I stumbled on this thread!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same dilemma with my 6yr old dd and what works in a pinch is a garbage bag that I put on top of the sheet and then layer a couple of towels across that. When she wets the bed, I just pull off the towels and garbage bag and replace both. No worrying about mattress pads etc. Same as the puppy pads and quick.

• 10 months later...

You attendant has seen it all. Once we were on a 7 day with my 1 yo. I was pregnant and one nigh got was violently ill, there wasn't any rough seas it was the pregnancy. Our cabin steward was amazing she must have known some how and came right to my room and striped the sheets that I messed and got me trash cans etc. simply wonderful, I couldn't get out of the bed to get to the bathroom to vomit there, I felt horrible that she had to help us but she said no problem and was great about it,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

Where I live at least, they sell plastic mattress covers at the dollar store. They are thin like a plastic shower curtain, so would be easy to pack and only a dollar so just trash at the end of the cruise. Would still have to change the sheets but the mattress would be protected which is a much bigger issue.

My child’s first cruise was a room disaster. She wet the bed during a nap. I bleed on the sheets when my period came early. The toilet got stuck running and overflowed the bathroom. My kid escaped her bath and the room and ran naked down the hall, dripping wet. (Toddlers gotta toddle)

Our room steward just rolled with it. Made up our room several times a day. Caught and hugged the naked baby. We tipped well.

• Haha 1