Is Embassy Suites in Miami as bad as reviews

Moz

I have booked the Miami Embassy Suites for an October cruise. I just have read several booking sites reviews with so many bad reviews. Would appreciate any comments on the Embassy Suites and what it is really like. Thank you.

Its just a really bad location. Next to expressway ramps, traffic from rental car and park & fly lots 24/7, perpetual construction on adjacent parcels. Unsafe to walk (due to traffic) to any of the quick food outlets on NW 36 St but most of them, as well as ones closer on LeJeune Rd, are cockroach central.

If your preference is to stay as close to the airport as you can in October most hotels in the Blue Lagoon area, or the cluster of Marriott brand hotels at the corner of LeJeune Rd and NW 13 St, should be not much more expensive but a world away from the location of that Embassy Suites.

It's fine for arriving late as long as you are happy staying in the hotel for drinks and dinner and leaving after breakfast.

As suggested above, if focused on MIA area hotels and you need to do any shopping for last minute cruise supplies, or just want a quieter area, look at Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and other hotels in the Blue Lagoon area. Or pay Uber or Lyft about $15+ and stay downtown with lots of local dining options and hotels to choose from. ;)

Thank you for the responses. We would be just interested in the hotel since we won't be wandering around. Mostly wondering about the service and the inside of the hotel since the last time we stayed there it was being remodeled and a mess wondering if that's all done. We also had to wait for our room but be loved the reception and also the breakfast. Thank you.

We stayed there last month. It was o.k., getting kind of old. We ate in the restaurant around 9pm, ordered a hamburger and they did not have any french fries. How do you run out of those? Send someone to Publix to go get some. Kids at the next table got potato chips from the snack store at the front desk.

Honestly, Miami is such a cool town, if you must stay near the airport, stay in the Blue Lagoon area. Or better yet, stay downtown.

The Hampton Inn in either area offers breakfast and you can actually walk somewhere and get food at night without getting mugged.

I stayed there in September 2016. No issues, room was clean, well equipped, and the happy hour with snacks, as well as breakfast was adequate. the hotel itself is fine, but there is nothing nearby to walk to. If you want to go out to eat or shop, you need to take a taxi, or drive if you have a car. In my opinion, it is fine, if you only need a place to spend a night. There is a restaurant on site, but it is just ok, not bad, but not spectacular either, just adequate for a necessary bite to eat.

But if more than one night, or you want to go out to eat, shop etc, entertainment, then this is not the place to stay.

I agree with BlueHerons, Hampton Inn is much better situated, and rooms fine, breakfast fine, staff and service there is tops. Across the street, Publix, Starbucks, liquor store, Burlington factory store, restaurants, and down the block is Walgreens and CVS.

In the end it is for you to decide.

If you don't plan to go anywhere but just stay at the hotel it will work. It is a so so Embassy Suites IMHO.

For us, we just wouldn't stay in that area but we all have different preferences/interests, etc.

If someone asked me for a hotel in or near Miami with a nice breakfast like BlueHerons I would recommend the Hampton Inn.

Breakfast not quite as varied as Embassy Suites but it is a terrific hotel, with a nice breakfast and also a manage's reception

and if we needed any last minute items it is in close walking distance of supermarkets and pharmacies and if we planned to

have dinner there are so many places within walking distance.

Again if you just want to be inside a hotel the entire time then Embassy might be right for you but for many of us we wouldn't

do it.

Keith