This Rarely Works Out Well

Luvcrusn

I just went to the Celebrity site and found this. I shudder to see what will happen next. I tried to post the picture but couldn't.

Sorry I missed you, I'm currently on a cruise for some much needed downtime. Be back soon!

Sincerely yours,

The Celebrity Website

For general information during this outage contact us at 1-877-812-4739

celeCruise.png Sorry I missed you, I’m currently on a cruise for some much needed downtime. Be back soon!

Sincerely yours,

The Celebrity Website

For ge

celeCruise.png Sorry I missed you, I’m currently on a cruise for some much needed downtime. Be back soon!

Sincerely yours,

The Celebrity Website

neral information during this outage, contact us at

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

The Azamara web site has been having all sorts of trouble too. It's down for maintenance until 11pm. Looks like the same IT people are trying to fix all three sites in one go. This should be interesting ....

Yes, I have seen this exact message from time to time and took it as maintenance regardless of when it appeared.

At least there is a 'humourous' message...

It always works out for me, we very rarely have any other issues with the site.

bon voyage

On our last Celeb cruise this past January, we did the Chefs Table dinner. The officer that hosted the dinner was technology officer whose biggest job right now is beta testing the app on board. He made the mistake of asking had anyone used the website - the subsequent laughter was quite amusing

My bank is down now for maintenance...

My email through AOL has been down for 8 days because of server issues. If you can believe it their IT Is worse than Celebrity's and that's saying something.:eek:

My email through AOL has been down for 8 days because of server issues. If you can believe it their IT Is worse than Celebrity's and that's saying something.:eek:

Eight days is a long time to lose access to email! In your shoes, I’d be looking for a new email provider.

Eight days is a long time to lose access to email! In your shoes, I’d be looking for a new email provider.

Thanks. I have one but can't access the emails that have come to the AOL and continue to come. It's a PAIN! Spent a lot of time contacting everyone who has that address and asking them to change how they contact me. It is awful when you have to spend a week + (or in Celebrity's case a year +) dealing with IT issues you as a customer have absolutely no fault in creating and no ability to solve.

To Cangelmd: thanks for the laugh! DH was wearing my coffee across the table when I read it. :-)

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

i have been having issues with mine too; however, I was able to go to safari and preferences to switch some things around to improve it. It is still a little finicky to connect, but I am getting used to the roundabout!:rolleyes: I feel your pain!

Had to laugh at this thread. Celebrity website is notorious for having issues. I actually have the solution.

I explore cruises using my TAs website. If on board book then or with TA.

Have TA send me copy of Celebrity invoice.

The day of my cruise I put a piece of masking tape on each suitcase with my cabin number. Had the cases to the porter.

Checkin using the invoice from my TA. Only a minute longer and never an issue with the website.

They only time I use is for looking at shore excursions. If I want to book I either call Celebrity or my TA. Lots easier.

No stress.

Thanks. That made me feel so much better. About a year ago Verizon (you know them?) bought AOL and transferred all their emails to AOL as the server and you could keep your same email address.

In my day they called it AOHell.

I have ATT email and they use Yahoo to manage it. Not good either.

In my day they called it AOHell.

I have ATT email and they use Yahoo to manage it. Not good either.

Here's a bit of bad news. The problem has been caused by AOL merging 3 servers VERIZON, AOL and YAHOO into 1. That caused our VERIZON email addresses to go into some alternate universe:mad:.:eek:

It's still down as of this morning. I tried to log into my loyalty account and was unable to do so. Now, granted I haven't been on in a few months, so I forgot my credentials, so the first few failed attempts to log in were my fault. However, I asked for my username and password to be sent to my email. I was able to get the correct username and reset the password, however, after that it wouldn't let me log in.

It's still down as of this morning. I tried to log into my loyalty account and was unable to do so. Now, granted I haven't been on in a few months, so I forgot my credentials, so the first few failed attempts to log in were my fault. However, I asked for my username and password to be sent to my email. I was able to get the correct username and reset the password, however, after that it wouldn't let me log in.

Hi have found over the past year that I am most successful on the Celebrity site when I've cleared cookies, cache and browsing history and then open an Incognito window. It certainly does NOT always work, but is does work most often. Good luck!