Anyone live from the Zaandam? If so I have a question!!

TomAndJane

In July, we will be first time HAL cruisers. What can you tell me about the entertainment on the Zaandam? Do you need to go to a speciality restaurant for lobster?

You may order, via Room Service, the same items served on the MDR menu if you order during the MDR meal time. This is also true for Gala Nights.

Note that you can order any quantity of anything on the MDR menu. That means two lobster tials and no filet mignon for me. It also means three shrimp cocktails when it is served. A friend even requested four orders of escargot and a salad for dinner.

Although, as a 4 star Mariner, this issue is moot for me, I still find it unconscionable. Is there no end to these cost savings/revenue enhancement measures? Obviously this is intended to promote the ship's paying laundry business and, at the same time, generate more revenue with the additional cabins. The self-service laundry was a vital service to many guests, particularly on long voyages, and will be sorely missed.

I agree. The lack of self-serve laundries on Celebrity is one of the reasons I never sailed with them again after my first cruise with them. This will be a real issue for my as I tend sail long cruises on HAL.

Are there any games such as checkers, chess, rummikub, mancala, backgammon, sorry, etc. on the ship for adults to play?

Yes, there are many board games stocked and small tables in the library area dedicated to chess or checkers. Plus a large size chess board in the Lido pool area. Some of those names are unfamiliar to me, but there should be enough to keep you and family occupied. Often there are several large "drop in" puzzles going on at separate tables too.

If anyone is live from the Zaandam, how is the Crow's Nest? Some reported it was being transformed into the new EXC Center during the recent dry dock and others have said differently.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Tom

I have just been up to Crow's Nest, normal bar and seating configuration.

All the EXC stuff appears to be in front desk area on Deck 4.

I'm curious then what changes (besides those few bathrooms) were made.

I'm hoping the Verandah Suites have the new TVs with the movies on demand (not that I want to spend time in my cabin watching one, but it's nice to have the option!)

Any success using magnets on the cabin walls?

Good question. There must be a secret formula about which ships magnets work and do not work. I thought this sounded like such a good idea as we like to hang maps and things, but so far no luck on our past ships. Yet, others swear by this. I tried the cabin door and it just slid down. No real grip.

Do they still have the Happy Hour in the Crows Nest and Ocean Bar ? ....I am cruising on the Zaandam in 5 days , San Diego to Vancouver

Everyday at 4pm [according to the program] plus an additional one at 9pm - Crow's Nest only.

sorry I am unable to find other posts about the showers....what cabin categories received tubs converted to large showers? by any chance did any suites????

Will try to put link up later, my tablet won't transfer address.

Edited by Happily@Sea

If anyone is on the Zaandam, could you tell me what the WiFi package is at the moment. I know it differs by boat from a package where you buy minutes to packages which only allow access to certain sites.

Many thanks

Jersey [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums