Location of room on Azamara Pursuit

jalcruise

Planning a trip on the Azamara Pursuit in August and am concerned that the only rooms left are ones outside elevator and laundry room. Has anyone been on the other Azamara ships and been across from laundry. Is it noisy?? What time of the day are they allowed to visit? We really love the itinerary but am concerned about the room location.

All comments on this subject will be appreciated.

Have been on Quest directly across from the laundry and on the 3 occassions have never had issues with noise. The laundry is open from 8am til 9pm I think. It is terribly handy just being across the hall as we put our laundry on and go back to the room and wait the 45 mins 'til the load is finished. I would not be concerned about the laundry.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Planning a trip on the Azamara Pursuit in August and am concerned that the only rooms left are ones outside elevator and laundry room. Has anyone been on the other Azamara ships and been across from laundry. Is it noisy?? What time of the day are they allowed to visit? We really love the itinerary but am concerned about the room location.

All comments on this subject will be appreciated.

The cabins opposite the corridor entrance to the elevator - no issues. You won’t hear a thing. I’ve stayed there a few times.

Phil

Currently near the laundry and it has been noisier than usual just before opening time. Luckily we have been awake anyway but guests have been lining up ahead of it opening have been chatting quite loudly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Journey it is open 8-8. The door isn’t possibly as well sound proofed or it maybe those inside are louder talkers. The main talking noise comes from the pre 7 am queuers waiting outside

We have been opposite the laundry on Quest and did not hear a thing, and I am a light sleeper. There are always sounds to be heard from the laundry in the corridor but bear in mind there are two doors between the cabin and the laundry. There is very little noise at the lifts (elevators) on Azamara ships, small quiet ships with considerate passengers.

On Journey it is open 8-8. The door isn’t possibly as well sound proofed or it maybe those inside are louder talkers. The main talking noise comes from the pre 7 am queuers waiting outside

That should re pre 8 am not 7am. I think it also depends on the talkers. Some voices and accents are more penetrating than others

FWIW, if it were me and had the choice of opposite the laundry room or opposite where the elevators are I would choose the latter every time. I’ve seen the corridor by the laundry room busy sometimes and varying on cruise to cruise. Personally I wouldn’t take the risk if I had a choice.

Phil

How annoying! I often find it's the passengers that are noisy in the hallways, not the elevators or laundry doors.

Our cabin was on deck 7, about 2 doors down from the elevator, and it was a Christmas/New Years cruise. Never had a problem with noise, even on New Years Eve.

People were generally respectful of each others privacy and space.

If you have a problem with loud passengers, you probably won't be the only ones. You'll have some sympathetic ears.

Thank you to all for comments. We booked the 13 day Azamara Cruise out of Southhampton on Aug 30th. First Azamara cruise and so looking forward to it.

Thank you jalcruise! Welcome to the Azamara family <3