looks like princess drinks are increasing.

Hopefully someone post pics of the full bar menu and the MDR wine list?

I know it's a big ask from people when they're having a relaxing cruise but I'm sure many of us would really appreciate seeing the latest prices for their favourite drinks.

It's interesting to see that some of the whisky cocktails have actually gone down in price,

Given the prices haven't changed since I started cruising in December 2014 it's not surprising that there have been price change. Plus it looks like they've done them sensibly, presumably based on the cost of the items, instead of just a blanket increase across the board.

$5 increase for a woodford, $4 for a jack daniels, and cocktails up to $15.95, from a cruiser on the sea princess now.

30762682_2046617658685230_8410806419606301803_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGkPaDrFftnjMNB9IoDSroL86WEnImKvr8nVWL9kwSPziLGtzxv2ppTGIQthfdJlbmF8GhhRHpmUR7vY8MVAnZKW_6Dq1BcY_gD_9bZvXXVBA&oh=161ac978d71daf8e2041bead562c383b&oe=5B5D3D3A

Would rather drink Chivas Regal @ at $9 than any of the others:whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass::whiskey-glass:

The only thing has wine gone up... very important for dinner,, as well as a G&T before hand....

We did noticed a bottle of sauvignon blanc had gone to $39Aus in Feb18 from $36Aus Dec16, which is OK

We are PAYG on drinks and have never got near the price of the beverage package ... so all is good

Right now back to my G&T

Cheers Don

The only thing has wine gone up... very important for dinner,, as well as a G&T before hand....

We did noticed a bottle of sauvignon blanc had gone to $39Aus in Feb18 from $36Aus Dec16, which is OK

We are PAYG on drinks and have never got near the price of the beverage package ... so all is good

Right now back to my G&T

Cheers Don

when I got the package used to drink Hendricks @ $13.95, I'd say basic gin gordons, tanquery etc would be around $11 Hendricks $15.95, I might be wrong but we'll see.

Makes those drink packages look more appealing.

Nope! The drinks package is $87. We averaged $43pp on Diamond with the wine packages and buying individual drinks, under the old prices. Even if prices have risen 15% we'd still be under $50pp. And some prices have come down, including one of DH's favourite cocktails.

Nope! The drinks package is $87. We averaged $43pp on Diamond with the wine packages and buying individual drinks, under the old prices. Even if prices have risen 15% we'd still be under $50pp. And some prices have come down, including one of DH's favourite cocktails.

I am not saying I will get one but many will if they think it is only 6 or 7 drinks per day.

Personally, I drink too many bevvies (3- or more per day) for what is good for the body on holidays already, the package would push that way too far.

I am not saying I will get one but many will if they think it is only 6 or 7 drinks per day.

Often they just look at the individual and/or maximum drinks prices. They price wine by the glass but don't think that if they buy a bottle they'll get five 150ml serves for the same price as four by the glass. They look at the individual price of speciality coffees, not the price per coffee if they had a coffee card, they look at the individual beer prices but forget about the bucket of beer deal, and they think all cocktails (old prices) are $13.95 when many were cheaper than that.

I must admit I made some of those mistakes back when we tried the drinks package but after crunching the numbers from our last two cruises I'll never buy a drinks package again, unless it's a perk like on Celebrity.

Often they just look at the individual and/or maximum drinks prices. They price wine by the glass but don't think that if they buy a bottle they'll get five 150ml serves for the same price as four by the glass. They look at the individual price of speciality coffees, not the price per coffee if they had a coffee card, they look at the individual beer prices but forget about the bucket of beer deal, and they think all cocktails (old prices) are $13.95 when many were cheaper than that.

I must admit I made some of those mistakes back when we tried the drinks package but after crunching the numbers from our last two cruises I'll never buy a drinks package again, unless it's a perk like on Celebrity.

Agreed. It almost feels like it is free when it is one of the perks.

I saw a current list from Sapphire Princess the other day, Mohito cocktails, US$7.50 plus 15% gratuity. 'She who shall be obeyed' always has one of those pre dinner, I have a 440ml can of Strongbow Cider.:halo: That is our daily drink plus half a bottle of $30 a bottle wine in the MDR, we get a bottle every 2 nights and they keep it for you. So no way the drinks package interests us, no more than $30 a day on booze for us. :halo:

It is sad that there is no more BOGO for $1.

I saw a current list from Sapphire Princess the other day, Mohito cocktails, US$7.50 plus 15% gratuity. 'She who shall be obeyed' always has one of those pre dinner, I have a 440ml can of Strongbow Cider.:halo: That is our daily drink plus half a bottle of $30 a bottle wine in the MDR, we get a bottle every 2 nights and they keep it for you. So no way the drinks package interests us, no more than $30 a day on booze for us. :halo:

It is sad that there is no more BOGO for $1.

Sounds like the go there Les.

I never took advantage of the BOGO, although have certainly taken advantage of the cheaper cocktails at the Elite cocktail gathering each evening.

Sounds like the go there Les.

I never took advantage of the BOGO, although have certainly taken advantage of the cheaper cocktails at the Elite cocktail gathering each evening.

Thanks Mic, yes we sometimes go to the PES lounge pre dinner for a 'Chairman of the Board' if it is on. Still have a sip on the balcony on our byo bottles of wine and Elite mini bar, we don't die of thirst.:hearteyes: We have 33 nights on Princess coming up in a few weeks so have to take it easy on the pen and ink. What kills me is the hours in the airport lounges trying to stay off all that free booze, well I have a couple to ward off the airborne bacteria and a couple on the aircraft, a long way from Sydney to Heefrow.

I tend not to drink alcohol on long haul flights as it just increases any jet lag. Staying hydrated (water) provides a much better recovery.

Thanks, I will try and stick to that Mic. Bit can I not have a wee dram of Highland Nectar to flavour the water?:halo:

Thanks Mic, yes we sometimes go to the PES lounge pre dinner for a 'Chairman of the Board' if it is on. Still have a sip on the balcony on our byo bottles of wine and Elite mini bar, we don't die of thirst.:hearteyes: We have 33 nights on Princess coming up in a few weeks so have to take it easy on the pen and ink. What kills me is the hours in the airport lounges trying to stay off all that free booze, well I have a couple to ward off the airborne bacteria and a couple on the aircraft, a long way from Sydney to Heefrow.

Sorry, Les, no Chairman of the Board in the PES lounge anymore.

Sorry, Les, no Chairman of the Board in the PES lounge anymore.

That is sad, about the only cocktail I like, have to buy a Strongbow Cider for me and Mohito for the boss at the full price, or try the cocktail of the day.:rolleyes:

That is sad, about the only cocktail I like, have to buy a Strongbow Cider for me and Mohito for the boss at the full price, or try the cocktail of the day.:rolleyes:

No cocktail of the day either, at least there wasn't on the Diamond cruise we've just done. There was a list of about 8 cocktails at the reduced price that you could choose from. One was a Barcadi Limon Mojito, another was similar to a Negroni only with whiskey (I think) - quite lethal! Can't remember what the rest were and I forgot to take a photo of the list.

BTW someone kindly posted the bar drinks menu on FB.

Two of our favourite cocktails have gone down by $2.20 each, one has increased by 5 cents and another has increased by 25 cents, so not all the changes are big price hikes. :)

It looks like the prices are more sensible, based on the ingredients of the various drinks not just a blanket price for similar cocktails.