Apartments in Barcelona

sailco

We have 10 days between cruises and thought we'd book an apartment in Barcelona. Ideally we'd like to be within walking distance of the Ramblas, a HOHO stop and office for day or overnight tours. Grateful for any suggestions.

We are staying in Lisbon for four nights prior to our cruise. I found an apartment on AirBnB that I booked after deciding what area of town we wanted to be in. I have also booked apartments in Italy on VRBO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have booked a three bedroom apartment for our stay in Barcelona on 12 th July. Suite Home Sagrada Familia. Total cost for five of us worked out at £247. The apartment is just a ten minute walk to the Sagrada Familia which is one place on our “To Do” list. The apartment has 1 Double room and two twin bedded rooms.

Hope you manage to get somewhere.

Suron

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in an Air BNB on Career dels Tallers. EXCELLENT location. We found it was close to most things we wanted to walk to and very close to the buses and metro. It was very central and in the evenings we walked down Las Ramblas to take everything in. There is a grocery store just down on Las Ramblas and you are within an easy walk of la bouqeuria.

Most rental apartments are walk ups. Ours was 4 flights in the heat. Something to bear in mind. Elevators are a luxury.

Most rental apartments are walk ups. Ours was 4 flights in the heat. Something to bear in mind. Elevators are a luxury.

Good point! We're thinking of renting an apartment later this year so I've made a note to double check all the apartments before we book. Hate having to lug baggage up flights of stairs. Thank you.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I really like the look of Bcngotic. Strange sounding name but terrific reviews on tripadvisor and other accommodation sites.

I have referred it to others including good friends who are staying there next month. One of the nicer apartments we have stayed in.

• 3 weeks later...

We are staying at Arago312, and today is our last day. It’s really centrally located with about 15 minutes walk to Sagrada Família, 30 minutes walk to La Rambla and La Boqueria. There are markets, suppermarkets, and a farmacy nearby. The market across the street is very small with not many selections and price is a bit higher than the market (supercor express) around the corner to the left.

We are staying 4 nights at apartment 8-2, a 4 bedroom apartment with a huge wrapped around balcony on the 8th floor. Our friends are staying at apartment 8-1, a 2 bedroom apartment. The view is spectacular for both apartments. We’d definitely stay here again the next time we are in Barcelona. Let me know if you have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...
We are staying at Arago312, and today is our last day. It’s really centrally located with about 15 minutes walk to Sagrada Família, 30 minutes walk to La Rambla and La Boqueria. There are markets, suppermarkets, and a farmacy nearby. The market across the street is very small with not many selections and price is a bit higher than the market (supercor express) around the corner to the left.

We are staying 4 nights at apartment 8-2, a 4 bedroom apartment with a huge wrapped around balcony on the 8th floor. Our friends are staying at apartment 8-1, a 2 bedroom apartment. The view is spectacular for both apartments. We’d definitely stay here again the next time we are in Barcelona. Let me know if you have any questions.

Does that apartment have elevators?

We found a lovely condo in Eixample on Placa del Doctor Letemendi. It is a secure building with an elevator and close to Metro and HoHo stops. Almost forgot to mention that we found it on Airbnb.

We are also staying in the Eixample area beginning Oct 15th. It has an elevator and is close to metro and HOHO stops. We found the 1 bedroom on AirBnB. The apartment has 302 reviews, all 5 stars.