Celebrity Website Problems?

BizDoc

We are attempting to book a couple of shore excursions on our upcoming Celebrity Eclipse cruise. The website currently has no access to shore excursions. Also, our online reservation shows "incomplete" even though we completed online reservations, have our Xpress pass, and have received our luggage tags.We called Celebrity and after a 10 minute hold the agent was unable to help us, as he said his website was "different" than ours. Any thoughts? Any help?

We are attempting to book a couple of shore excursions on our upcoming Celebrity Eclipse cruise. The website currently has no access to shore excursions. Also, our online reservation shows "incomplete" even though we completed online reservations, have our Xpress pass, and have received our luggage tags.We called Celebrity and after a 10 minute hold the agent was unable to help us, as he said his website was "different" than ours. Any thoughts? Any help?

Unfortunately we are having the same experience. Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with CC rep and had no luck. Finally, just said we will wait until Monday and hope there are some resolutions. The old website was not great but so far this one is awful. The only thing it will let us do at this point for 5 cruises booked is to make an additional payment--NOT!

EXCURSIONS NEED WORK!

We wanted to book 1 more shore excursion for a Carib Cruise...We usually go with Celeb to avoid late return and other issues. Wish we did this booking previously.

The Excursions Part of the website is not very functional on a good day....but today was not a good day..

Too much focus on useless background photos, packages they group together based on their psrceptions....and many repetitive listings of excursions they believe fit into several categories..Most folks just want to plug in a port and browse the list.

We,ll wait it out and hope it gets better or take a chance going into our My Celeb..trying to avoid that til it settles down..

It's good to know that we are not the only ones. We love Celebrity, but their website and its updates/maintenance leave a great deal to be desired.

Totally agree. I can't imagine how much business they lose because of the frustration of dealing with the website.

Totally agree. I can't imagine how much business they lose because of the frustration of dealing with the website.

Been dysfunctional for many yrs...hope this is the last Big Fix!

Had problem yesterday with the Celebrity website so I called up. I was told they are redoing the website and apologized for the inconvenience! Said by June 1st will be updated and redesigned!

I signed in a few minutes ago and to my surprise a new website with my accurate information! So far looks very nice!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was able to get to an area to book excursions...took some effort. Don't remember exactly what I did but at one point I had my reservation up and on the side there were a few things I could click on and one of them might have been Enhance My Reservation (something close to that). Sorry not too specific but there was a lot of clicking going on to get to that.

Don't ya just love Xs explanations when their web site has problems for their CUSTOMERS !!

Can Not count how many years Celebrity has had so many problems designing & fixing their web site . That being said who are they hiring to design & or repair issues ??

Now we just place phone calls & avoid their web site except for pre boarding information & if their web site can't handle that we phone in & have them enter the information for our boarding passes .

The other day we were told by the Captains Club personnel that Celebrity is redesigning their web site & in the future we can not do pre boarding until 90 days from sail date . I hate to think what is going to happen with everyone over loading their system .to get basic information & their boarding passes .

Can Not count how many years Celebrity has had so many problems designing & fixing their web site . That being said who are they hiring to design & or repair issues ??

I know they made a big deal about a year ago when they announced they were working on a new website and I believe at that time they named their supplier (who I thought was Accenture but I could be wrong)

I've been noticing new changes over the past few weeks, every day there seems something is new (as my May 17 Alaska cruise nears, I seem to be on Celebrity's site fussing over particulars!)....not sure how I like the changes yet. They have added an animated itinerary map that shows the voyage of the ship...kind of cute, but I am sure it adds time to the loading of the page. Crossing fingers they work this out...

BK

I thought it was just me I was looking at excursions on Friday when suddenly I was logged out. When I was finally able to log back in the entire site was different and I could not locate excursions. Have not tried again today. I just hope the new site is better than the old one. It is very difficult to find a simple list of excursion options.

Had problem yesterday with the Celebrity website so I called up. I was told they are redoing the website and apologized for the inconvenience! Said by June 1st will be updated and redesigned!

I signed in a few minutes ago and to my surprise a new website with my accurate information! So far looks very nice!!!

You must be very lucky. Ours is a mess. They should have completed the project rather than put it up piecemeal and not fully functional fir those needing to use it.

We can see the fairly useless dashboard and our 3 booked res.

We cannot see any listing of already booked & pre-paid specialty dining reservations and excursions, and we cannot browse or add more excursions or dining res which we'd like to do.

Glad we do not sail until Oct and will definitely make final payment over the telephone as well as order luggage tags and e docs via Cap Club reps

I am a non tech person but is this how it usually goes when they change?.

It makes the recent Cruise Critic changeover seem great..esp after we found ways to ignore the un-needed & and overly busy distracting stuff...

I've been able to view my Calendar and reserve dining and excursions....Go to Plan my vacation, Enhance my vacation, Visit Cruise Planner, Find my reservation and take it from there. Had several pmt rejections. Just had to exit Cruise Planner and go through the whole rigamarole again to get it to accept reservation.