Which Shuttle Service to Choose in Galveston

JK3003

We've narrowed it down to roundtrips using Galveston Limo or Galveston Express (both as group shuttles)--can anyone comment on their experience? Online reviews appear to be slightly better for Galveston Limo but both businesses have detractors. We're particularly concerned about not being late for a return flight out of IAH at 2:20 (would like to book to be picked up at 10 am). Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
We've narrowed it down to roundtrips using Galveston Limo or Galveston Express (both as group shuttles)--can anyone comment on their experience? Online reviews appear to be slightly better for Galveston Limo but both businesses have detractors. We're particularly concerned about not being late for a return flight out of IAH at 2:20 (would like to book to be picked up at 10 am). Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Per my previous post, we used Galveston Express earlier this month. They are less expensive than Carnival. We reserved 9am departure times both ways. When we arrived at IAH they were already there waiting & had called to offer to pick us up at our nearby hotel. The driver was friendly & professional. For our return trip from Galveston they arrived shortly after 9 & had a list of the passengers for each van. We left around 930 after picking up passengers from another ship & were at IAH before 11 for our 230 flight.

cruisin okie:

I took your advice and called Manuel with VIP Express LLC. He was extremely nice and helpful on the phone.

My only concern was he seems to be a newer business just starting up the end of this year and he doesn't have any other reviews except that I found your review here on the boards.

Our cruise is January 14.

Any other thoughts.............Please! Thank you

Emanuel of VIP Express came recommended from someone else on these boards. I think he will be fine and very helpful.

He emailed me the confirmation and has called. I am trusting in him as he seems extremely willing to please.

• 1 month later...

We booked Island Breeze Shuttles for our group of 3 from IAH to our hotel on Galveston and then from the port back to IAH on our return. With our luggage and the state of the airline industry with sometimes questionable on time statistics, we felt this was the best option. Round trip it was $270 to/from IAH.

New to cruising out of Galveston. Can't decide on a shuttle service, Galveston Limo is cheapest, but not crazy about large buses with lots of people, set schedules, and lots of drop offs at various hotels. Island Breeze gets great reviews but costs almost twice as much. Also Galveston Express is one I am considering. Any past experience is appreciated, we are a family of 3 will be flying in to Hobby and staying one night in Galveston then cruising LOS and return to Hobby.

Thanks!

We are using VIP express next weekend. I will report back on their service.

I look forward to hearing your feedback. I got a quote from Emanuele at VIP based on this thread but awaiting your review before booking. I'm thinking a newer company will work hard to please to build up their business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I am currently looking into our shuttle options for 6 from George bush to Galveston hotel and then from the cruise Oort back to the airport. Any suggestions would be great I am waiting on the viplimo review?

VIP Limo was started by two guys who used to work for Galveston Express. One was fired for using company equipment for personal gain.

What rate are you receiving from VIP? We are a party of 3 going from Hobby to Galveston round trip. Look forward to your review.

I was told $25 pp each way. Comparable to the other shuttle services. This cruise is only my husband and I. In October my daughter and son-in-law are joining us and we will probably use uber then.

We were quoted 25.00 per adult and 20.00 if child is 10 and under going from Hobby to port with VIP express. My sister is coming into Bush and they will do a hotel pickup the next day from Springhill Suites for 35.00 per adult and 25.00 for any children under 10. We leave Thursday so will review next week.

Emanuel of VIP Express came recommended from someone else on these boards. I think he will be fine and very helpful.

He emailed me the confirmation and has called. I am trusting in him as he seems extremely willing to please.

Hey poolwife, I was wondering your opinion of VIP Express from your Jan. cruise. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
We were quoted 25.00 per adult and 20.00 if child is 10 and under going from Hobby to port with VIP express. My sister is coming into Bush and they will do a hotel pickup the next day from Springhill Suites for 35.00 per adult and 25.00 for any children under 10. We leave Thursday so will review next week.
Cruisesoon, hope you had a wonderful cruise! Wondering about your experience with VIP, the quality of their shuttles and your recommendations. Thanks.

Cruisesoon, hope you had a wonderful cruise! Wondering about your experience with VIP, the quality of their shuttles and your recommendations. Thanks.

Check out the review here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2602862. It seems to have been a positive experience. Would love to hear more reviews.

Check out the review here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2602862. It seems to have been a positive experience. Would love to hear more reviews.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. New to cruise critic and having some navigation/search topics difficulties. This helps immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

We used you first limo for our 2/11 cruise out of Galveston. The rates were less than any other private transportation, but more importantly they waited in Galveston for us during the 6 hour fog delay. I had heard other shuttles left their fares waiting at the pier with no transportation. I don’t know if You First Limo has shared rides, but I HIGHLY recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...