Havana for Easter

JHU

Relative to the new November 9 rules: I've booked AZ tours for the first two days in Havana but wish to attend Mass on Easter Sunday (last day of cruise). Will I be able to walk off the Quest on my own? All tours are morning tours that day and would preclude attending Mass.

Ms. Bonnie: Any thoughts? Does AZ have a specific call center contact for all questions Cuba? If not, they should. :halo:

That's my understanding too...that if you are on at least one organized people-to-people tour that day (ours or another legitimate tour) you may wander on your own either before or after the tour.

All the AZ tours are for the morning when Mass would be taking place. When in Quebec City in October, the Celebrity Summit had a tour to St. Anne's Bascilica for evening Mass. I'm wondering if the Quest would arrange such a tour as it is Easter Sunday. Should I call LeVoyage?

All the AZ tours are for the morning when Mass would be taking place. When in Quebec City in October, the Celebrity Summit had a tour to St. Anne's Bascilica for evening Mass. I'm wondering if the Quest would arrange such a tour as it is Easter Sunday. Should I call LeVoyage?

The Easter Mass ashore In Havana sounds like an idea that could be very popular. I will pass your suggestion along to our Tour Department. It wouldn't hurt if you reach out to the LCV department as well.

• 2 weeks later...
The Easter Mass ashore In Havana sounds like an idea that could be very popular. I will pass your suggestion along to our Tour Department. It wouldn't hurt if you reach out to the LCV department as well.

My husband and I would also be interested in a ship-organized tour for Mass.

Kathy

You could just walk off ship and go. As long as you do one tour the mass with be still wander rhe check mark B. I did one tour and just went on my own . The church is across the street and another one five minute walk, it will be in Spanish,

• 3 months later...

Good news! We were able to confirm Easter mass in Havana for those of you interested! Below is information on the experience (N169 – Easter Mass)

Take part in Havana's local Easter traditions on this walking tour that leads to mass at one of the city's most beautiful churches. A local guide will lead a 10-block stroll that begins among the famously uneven cobblestones of the Plaza de San Francisco. Take in the iconic marble fountain of Los Leones before continuing on foot to Cathedral Square for a glimpse at Havana's monumental Roman Catholic church built in 1777. Your guide will provide plenty of insight into the landmarks and local legends encountered along the way as you walk to the Church of La Merced. Here, you'll be received by a member of the congregation and shown inside for a special Easter Mass held in English. Join the locals and embrace the long-standing traditions of this holy time of year in Cuba. Afterwards, you'll have time to reflect and share your thoughts before returning to the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Got back last week and what nobody bothered to tell us was that there would be a priest onboard to say Easter Vigil Mass on Saturday and Easter Mass on Sunday. All that panic over nothing.

We rushed to book the shore excursion the first day. They didn't publish the onboard option until it was officially too late to get our money back. Fortunately, there was a waiting list for tickets, so we were able to get the refund. Somewhere there was a breakdown in communication.

Kathy