Cruise Ship Collectables – Key Rings/Chains

Wansbrough

Back in 2010, I purchased a souvenir key ring for my stepdaughter while on the Celebrity Equinox, and since then I have continued to buy her one from nearly every ship we have been on. She really is putting together quite a collection now and I have to say that they do look quite impressive when all laid out next to each other. When selecting which one to buy I always look for the better quality ones which generally have some sort of metal content with no sticker and there must be some reference to the ship on it. I steer well clear of ones which just reference the cruise line and also anything made of plastic. So in 2012, I decided that I would follow suit and start my own collection.

38183913414_56f5f3b614_h.jpg

After a good start, I hit a snag after trying to find some of the missing ones from our earlier cruises, I have really struggled to find even one. Do you think they are out there? Not a chance! Some come up on E-bay now and again but generally, they appear to be non-existent unless you buy them while actually on board a ship. On recent ships I have been on such as MSC Musica the selection on offer was really awful so I never bothered and it was much the same on our Norwegian Spirit and Jade cruises. So if anyone out there reading this is going on any of these ships or who knows someone that is going on one then could you help me out? I will of course fully re-reimburse anyone who is able to help fill the gaps. The list below are the ones I am missing.

Jewel of the Seas

Costa Magica

Grand Princess

Costa Serena

Norwegian Epic

Explorer of the Seas

Costa Atlantica

More recently I have decided to try and include keyrings from ships I have done ship visits on and these will be heavily dependant on other people helping me out as the onboard shops are always closed when in port. The first one of these I have is acquired is from Oceania Marina, many thanks to Jill (a member from one of the forums I frequent).

Eurodam

Prinsendam

Rotterdam

If by any chance you can help me out with any of my missing keyrings and wish to contact me, please leave your details by following this link to my blog and at the foot of the page there is a contact form.

• 10 months later...