World cruise pacific princess:Blog.

marconi

For all those who would like to keep a look out at our cruise, this is a link to it:http://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com.au/

It is on the Pacific Princess on the 22nd of January till the 14th of May.Cheers Frank.

For all those who would like to keep a look out at our cruise, this is a link to it:http://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com.au/

It is on the Pacific Princess on the 22nd of January till the 14th of May.Cheers Frank.

Thank you Frank, I have subscribed:)

I will be in need of a cruise to follow so look forward to your updates.

Happy and safe cruising to you and your wife!!

Thanks to all re links to blogs, love a good cruise blog. A form of self medication for cruise withdrawal symptoms.:')

Its going to be fun to follow. I am trying to imagine how many cases she will be arriving at the ship with to carry all that she has on the Master Packing List.:rolleyes:

Thats when you appreciate being Elite , for the laundry perk.

Also interested to see that one couple are taking their 2 grandkids with them. What an amazing adventure for the children .

Its going to be fun to follow. I am trying to imagine how many cases she will be arriving at the ship with to carry all that she has on the Master Packing List.:rolleyes:

Thats when you appreciate being Elite , for the laundry perk.

Also interested to see that one couple are taking their 2 grandkids with them. What an amazing adventure for the children .

Is the master packing list hers or both, or is it solo? 8 case job. No way all those clothes and shoes are needed for a Princess cruise. Apparently they don't even enforce formal night dress code anymore.:o:(

Is the master packing list hers or both, or is it solo? 8 case job. No way all those clothes and shoes are needed for a Princess cruise. Apparently they don't even enforce formal night dress code anymore.:o:(

After coming home a couple of times from a cruise and unpacking , I realised I had taken some gear that I never wore or needed. From then on my packing was very economical....;)

It is amazing what you can get by on....

on the other hand I recall a segment of a World Cruise where it was the talk of the ship that one passenger had booked the stateroom next door and was using it as a walk in robe as she had brought a different outfit for each day.

I've just updated my world cruise bloggers list if anyone is looking for blogs.

https://occasionalcruiser.blogspot.com.au/search/label/World

If anyone knows of any others please reply.

I'll make another list closer to the June 2018 Sea Princess cruise. (I have family on that one, not bloggers though).

Cheers, Judy

Thanks Judy.

........booked the stateroom next door and was using it as a walk in robe as she had brought a different outfit for each day.

That's some packing. I think if you could afford a room for your clothes you could probably afford to wear and throw. Saves on laundry.;p

Noticed a couple of blogs for the Amsterdam FedEx 6-8 bags ahead for their worldy. Not sure where you would put in all in an average cabin.

That's some packing. I think if you could afford a room for your clothes you could probably afford to wear and throw. Saves on laundry.;p

Noticed a couple of blogs for the Amsterdam FedEx 6-8 bags ahead for their worldy. Not sure where you would put in all in an average cabin.

Not sure if still applies, but if you booked the entire HAL World Cruise in certain grades , the fare included the shipping of your luggage from any where in the States to the ship.

Many of the ships store excess baggage, then bring it up to you on request. There is usually a charge for stored baggage, on QM2 last March, loads of cases were stored up in the empty dog kennel area. I saw them as I walked past. When the Brits do a worldy on Cunard/P&O UK, it is not uncommon for them to take 8 or 10 cases for a couple, seen it.;) But then they dress 'flash.'

But you’d need to take enough to throw. So where does it get stored until you whittle it down? Or do you waste precious time each port buying new gear?

But you’d need to take enough to throw. So where does it get stored until you whittle it down? Or do you waste precious time each port buying new gear?

Finding an op shop in each port wouldn't be too hard but it probably would take up precious port time.

Finding an op shop in each port wouldn't be too hard but it probably would take up precious port time.

I donated a dinner suit one time to ye olde Oxfam Shop in Southampton, post cruise, it shrank in the sea air. Some old geezer is probably walking around in it in Hampshire somewhere.:halo:

I donated a dinner suit one time to ye olde Oxfam Shop in Southampton, post cruise, it shrank in the sea air. Some old geezer is probably walking around in it in Hampshire somewhere.:halo:

LOL, I have left clothes all over the world, funniest thing was seeing someone in a shirt and trouser combination that I had left behind nearly 3 months earlier in the South Pacific.:D

Not sure if still applies, but if you booked the entire HAL World Cruise in certain grades , the fare included the shipping of your luggage from any where in the States to the ship.

Yes it still applies. However, I'm not sure whether this service is provided by HAL or passengers' TA. Saw one photo of eight huge suitcases.

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific Princess starts her World Cruise today from Los Angeles. 112 days from LA back to LA

23_pp.jpg

Heres the itinerary , up to Singapore , for anyone looking out for her as she passes through our part of the world...

DatePortArriveDepart

Mon 22/01/18 Los Angeles (CA) / USA 16:00

Tue 23/01/18 At Sea

Wed 24/01/18 At Sea

Thu 25/01/18 At Sea

Fri 26/01/18 At Sea

Sat 27/01/18 At Sea

Sun 28/01/18 Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii) / USA 08:00 22:00

Mon 29/01/18 At Sea

Tue 30/01/18 At Sea

Wed 31/01/18 Date Line 12:00 13:00

Thu 01/02/18 Day lost (Due to passing the dateline)

Fri 02/02/18 At Sea

Sat 03/02/18 Pago Pago / South Seas 08:00 16:00

Sun 04/02/18 At Sea

Mon 05/02/18 At Sea

Tue 06/02/18 Suva (Fiji) / South Seas 08:00 17:00

Wed 07/02/18 At Sea

Thu 08/02/18 At Sea

Fri 09/02/18 Bay of Islands / New Zealand 08:00 18:00

Sat 10/02/18 Auckland / New Zealand 07:00 23:00

Sun 11/02/18 At Sea

Mon 12/02/18 At Sea

Tue 13/02/18 At Sea