Fair dinkum I am giving up Cruzin

I give up, this is just not fair, last year 2017 we did 3 cruzes , one from Melbourne two from Brisbane, each one we departed in the worst possible weather , wind, rain, thunder storms 60KM winds for days , and now next week when we leave another damn thunder storm predicted and 25 mm of rain and of course the days preceding and most of the days after we left were nice and sunny , just not fair four in a row :mad: , this is the LAST !!!!!!!!

I give up, this is just not fair, last year 2017 we did 3 cruzes , one from Melbourne two from Brisbane, each one we departed in the worst possible weather , wind, rain, thunder storms 60KM winds for days , and now next week when we leave another damn thunder storm predicted and 25 mm of rain and of course the days preceding and most of the days after we left were nice and sunny , just not fair four in a row :mad: , this is the LAST !!!!!!!!

Always ra8ns when we are on any type of holiday.

Easy, get on a plane and cruise OS.

this is the LAST !!!!!!!!

Just to make you feel better, my last cruise was almost perfect. Flat seas, sunny skies, starry nights, and following breezes. It was so calm, from the promenade you could count the turtles as you passed them. Even the captain remarked it was one of the smoothest cruises he'd had.

I'm very sorry to hear that!

Now that's out of the way, can you please post any future cruises you've booked so I can cancel if necessary.[emoji14]

Be careful of what you wish ...

fb posts show heavy snow on QM2, after being delayed 24 hours leaving New York.

I thought you would take a modicum of pleasure Uncle Les.

Thanks, one reason why I won't visit the Northern Hemisphere this time of year. :loudcry:

Too cold and too many transport interruptions.:halo:

I hope Cunard kept the doggies warm in the QM2 kennels up top.

Sad to hear ..... sorry to see you go ...... won't you re-consider ... we will miss you .... etc etc ... I am bleeding sincerity on your behalf ............ can I has your Cruise History points transferred to my account please :D

Any date I choose is doomed !

DOOMED I say

While I feel sorry that your cruises have been so affected by the weather, I cannot help but think you brought this on yourself with your CC name. A handle like that is just asking for stormy weather.:p

seriously though, the weather will really only affect the outside activities. I hope you get better weather soon.

My travel motto is "Attitude is the difference between an ordeal, and an adventure."

To me wind, rain and thunderstorms equal awesome seas instead of boring flat ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Something we noticed recently on Ovation OTS was that it was almost too smooth crossing the Tasman. We had to skip fiordland due to a massive low pressure system heading towards NZ and we had a race to get around the bottom of the south island. We kinda missed the rockin' and rollin' of the smaller ships. Doesn't seem like a real cruise without a bit of 'weather'.

Something we noticed recently on Ovation OTS was that it was almost too smooth crossing the Tasman. We had to skip fiordland due to a massive low pressure system heading towards NZ and we had a race to get around the bottom of the south island. We kinda missed the rockin' and rollin' of the smaller ships. Doesn't seem like a real cruise without a bit of 'weather'.
I prefer the smooth, good weather cruises as it means more people are out on the upper decks enjoying the sunshine and having a good cruise which means a better cruise vibe and less people on the ship where I am.:D

Totally agree, love a bit of movement.

Sorry about your god damn bad luck!!! We don't have this problem in Sydney. Not to hot or Cold. Rain don't see that much. Plus we have the WORLD's BEST HARBOUR...

Not too hot, today:o:eek:

Not too much rain, mmmmmm I’ve seen the place awash.

I’ve seen ships not able to get trough the heads.

Sure all not that common but they happen.

Cruising is like camping or motorbike touring, and we've done all three, sooner or later you will be at the mercy of the elements at their worst. Three bad lots in a row is just par for the course, learn to roll with the punches and the good times are even better.

Cruising is like camping or motorbike touring, and we've done all three, sooner or later you will be at the mercy of the elements at their worst. Three bad lots in a row is just par for the course, learn to roll with the punches and the good times are even better.

Agreed, but we all want to know the OP's cruise schedule in any case.

Not too hot, today:o:eek:

Not too much rain, mmmmmm I’ve seen the place awash.

I’ve seen ships not able to get trough the heads.

Sure all not that common but they happen.

Yes it does rain Sometimes in Sydney. I have been through those Sydney heads in heavy rain (April 2015) Superstorm.. We went out through it, while other ships couldn't come-in. I think it was we had to get to Hawaii by a certain day. was delayed till after 10:00 so the winds would die down.. But on 16 other cruises no rain.. Love sitting in a pod or bench cruiseing out with the sun setting in the west... Oh i'm missing it now..

Yes it does rain Sometimes in Sydney. I have been through those Sydney heads in heavy rain (April 2015) Superstorm.. We went out through it, while other ships couldn't come-in. I think it was we had to get to Hawaii by a certain day. was delayed till after 10:00 so the winds would die down.. But on 16 other cruises no rain.. Love sitting in a pod or bench cruiseing out with the sun setting in the west... Oh i'm missing it now..

Our normal sail away is not a burger or plate from the buffet as the sun sets behind us.

We like the bad weather on sea days like one morning up to top deck for before breakfast walk with 55knt winds across the deck and 4.5m seas,.. you suddenly feel alive and watching nature around you....

Yes and the stormy weather caused us to cancel 3 ports, so a bit a rain is fine ( damn I wish I'd shrink in rain or maybe the problem is too much food and wine )

Cheers Don