Diving in Nassau, Bahamas

canadianbear

My daughter is a certified diver and going to spend 8 nights at Breezes with a friend. She'd like to do a couple of dives and has been researching on her own. She is leaving in March.

I'm just wondering if anyone here can give their personal input on any particular dive companies they can recommend? As a mom of course I'm concerned for her safety as the person she is going with is not a diver so she will be on her own. Do you know of any that would pick her up at the resort and take her back as well?

Thank you for any help.

• 11 months later...

Are there any other outfits in Nassau other than Stuart Cove, they have a strict 7:45 a.m. pick-up at the terminal and the Oasis arrives at 8:00 a.m. Stuart Cove basically told me to work out transportation with the cruise ship, i.e. book your excursion with the ship, not independently. 

With that attitude, I do not want to use Stuart Cove and want to go with the small guy, willing to work with people who want to book independently.  Thanks

whenever I've dove with RCCL excursion it was with Stuart's .....  

IME when a dive place has a contract with the cruise line they are prohibited from booking folks from the line directly ....

this may be an indirect way of enforcing this requirement . . . 

(OASIS arrives well b4 8 .. that's the time 'regular' folks can expect to go ashore.  Excursions often leave b4 this.  IME the dive excursions were one of the first off and were picked up by Stuarts 8ish ... sometimes later ... sometimes MUCH later!)

Bahama Divers is an alternate https://www.bahamadivers.com/

but even here says: All Guests Must Be At the Dive Store by 8:30 AM

I'd note that Stuart's is on the southwest end of the island, the port is pretty much north center and BD is close to the port . . . 

Edited by Capt_BJ