Wine shop in Vancouver

In May we are leaving for the first time on an Alaskan cruise and will be staying at the Pan Pacific Vancouver for a couple days before the cruise and we are looking for a place to get a couple bottles of wine before the cruise to watch the ships sail out and to bring on board for our own sail way. Anybody have any recommendations? We will not have a car so have to hoof it or pick it up on the way in from the airport.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to hijack your post (sorry). Is there a place near either the airport or near the cruise terminal where I can buy some Diet Dr. Pepper? I know I can get some at the Wal-Mart in Ketchikan on day 2, but would like to have a little for embarkation and day 1. A beverage package is ridiculously expensive (2 kids X $8 each per day) and doesn't provide the beverage of choice.

If you walk a block from the port you will see Steamworks Brewery - they have a store that sells their beer and a specialty wine store. As someone else mentioned, it's not cheap here (probably twice what you would pay in the US)!

Diet Dr. Pepper....I don't recall seeing too much of this here in Vancouver. I'm sure it's readily available at grocery stores but there are none of these stores close to the port or the airport.

There is actually a 7-11 on the lower level of the airport terminal and, I believe a wine shop too. 7-11 might have Dr Pepper but probably not cases. If you wander Gastown (tourist destination just east of the Pan Pacific) there is a London Drugs Store (think Wal-Mart) which may sell Dr Pepper but can’t say for sure. I have never looked for Dr P regular or unleaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to hijack your post (sorry). Is there a place near either the airport or near the cruise terminal where I can buy some Diet Dr. Pepper? I know I can get some at the Wal-Mart in Ketchikan on day 2' date=' but would like to have a little for embarkation and day 1. A beverage package is ridiculously expensive (2 kids X $8 each per day) and doesn't provide the beverage of choice.[/quote']

I'm sitting here drinking from a can of DDP right now! It's carried by all the stores in the Save On supermarket family - this includes Urban Fare, which has a not-too-inconvenient branch for the pier. If you're only talking about a couple of 2l bottles/12-pack of cans it's walkable, though I'd drop your bags with longshoremen first if you're coming in from the airport directly to the pier so you are unencumbered.

I think DDP is also found in Nesters Market, which is even closer, and London Drugs pharmacies - there is one of each of these also walkable from the pier, and beter-combined with a bit of sightseeing around Gastown. Plus, if one is sold out the other is just yards away. They're both inside the old Woodwards building redevelopment, which is a super-easy one to find as there's a giant rotating W on the roof! You'd also be walking past the liquor store mentioned above if you headed to these stores.

Google Map with all 3 spots plus the pier & BC Liquor (listed as 552 Cordova rather than Hastings as the external entrance is here and much easier than using the Hastings side) - for your convenience.

In case it's root beer like beverages in general, (diet) A&W Root Beer is also available locally.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm sitting here drinking from a can of DDP right now! It's carried by all the stores in the Save On supermarket family - this includes Urban Fare, which has a not-too-inconvenient branch for the pier. If you're only talking about a couple of 2l bottles/12-pack of cans it's walkable, though I'd drop your bags with longshoremen first if you're coming in from the airport directly to the pier so you are unencumbered.

I think DDP is also found in Nesters Market, which is even closer, and London Drugs pharmacies - there is one of each of these also walkable from the pier, and beter-combined with a bit of sightseeing around Gastown. Plus, if one is sold out the other is just yards away. They're both inside the old Woodwards building redevelopment, which is a super-easy one to find as there's a giant rotating W on the roof! You'd also be walking past the liquor store mentioned above if you headed to these stores.

Google Map with all 3 spots plus the pier & BC Liquor (listed as 552 Cordova rather than Hastings as the external entrance is here and much easier than using the Hastings side) - for your convenience.

In case it's root beer like beverages in general, (diet) A&W Root Beer is also available locally.

The same building as the liquor store also has a Dollarama (Dollar Store). That does have pop/soda, not certain about the Dr. Pepper variety.