CDS Baggage Canada Place

They won't take it onto the ship for you - but if you store AFTER the cruise, they will ship it to one of their airport offices, a very useful service if you have a flight late in the day.

Storing pre-cruise is only of value if you are touring downtown with an early enough start that the longshoremen have not started accepting bags - the official start time for bag drop is between 10 and 10:30am, depending how many ships are in port, but it's quite commonly reported that you can actually start dropping bags as early as 9:30am to be loaded onto the ship.

They won't take it onto the ship for you - but if you store AFTER the cruise, they will ship it to one of their airport offices, a very useful service if you have a flight late in the day.

Storing pre-cruise is only of value if you are touring downtown with an early enough start that the longshoremen have not started accepting bags - the official start time for bag drop is between 10 and 10:30am, depending how many ships are in port, but it's quite commonly reported that you can actually start dropping bags as early as 9:30am to be loaded onto the ship.

martincath -- thank you. I posted this before I began reading the posts about the embarkation process at Canada Place. :eek: We're cruising May 10, 2019 and I see three ships leaving that day. So worst possible, scenario from what I read. I think we'll skip doing any touring and get to the port early. We were in Vancouver post cruise this year and did get to do some touring (you were very helpful then as well, thank you).

martincath -- thank you. I posted this before I began reading the posts about the embarkation process at Canada Place. :eek: We're cruising May 10, 2019 and I see three ships leaving that day. So worst possible, scenario from what I read. I think we'll skip doing any touring and get to the port early. We were in Vancouver post cruise this year and did get to do some touring (you were very helpful then as well, thank you).

Yes, the dreaded 3 ship early cruise season day. Don’t expect to leave Vancouver on time.

Get there early and bring lots of patience!

I would just add a recommendation that you tag your luggage clearly as to which ship it is to go on. I took a cruise on a "3 ship day" last year and there was one couple who managed to have their luggage put on the wrong ship and as the ships were end of year repositionings and all headed in opposite directions with both having many sea days before land, there was no way for the luggage to catch up with the right ship! I would stress that this is a rare occurrence for Vancouver, and probably not helped by the fact that the couple had not tagged their luggage in any way at all! Yes, the longshoremen will tag your luggage for you with the ship's tags, but they have to know when you drop it off which ship you are heading to and that the luggage has been dropped off at the right drop off spot for the particular ship - each ship usually has its own drop off point. They were also trying out a different traffic flow for passengers coming into Canada Place due to the size of the ships and number of passengers, which might have complicated things! [For that particular cruise, I had not been able to print out the personalized luggage tags online for this particular cruise line so had made and printed my own tags, with the ship, sail date, cabin and even the cabin location in very large print, just to be sure they got to me - better safe than sorry!]