Radiance of the seas - cancelled

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Radiance of the Seas, April 6, 2018 sailing. A technical issue has just occurred that limits the operation of one of the ship’s azipods. Unfortunately, this issue must be remedied immediately. We are very sorry for the impact this unexpected issue has had on your vacation plans. While we know there is nothing we can do to make up for your missed cruise, we do hope the below compensation offer shows you how much we look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future.

Compensation details:

We will be providing you with a full refund of your cruise as well as a 100% Future Cruise Credit.

Your refund will be automatically processed to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. You should see these refunds post to your account in the next 5-10 business days.

In the hope that you will come sail with us again soon, you will also receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. This credit will be based on the cruise fare portion paid, non-inclusive of taxes and fees. This certificate is valid for one year and will be sent to the email on file in the next week.

I am so sad for you Esilef :(

There is a Voyager pacific cruise that looks like there is still room on departing Thursday, not Akoroa, but still a vacay.

Other than that the Solstice is heading out soon after but that would likely play havoc with any work or house sitting commitments.

Please let your cc family know how things go, it must be devastating.

TraceyG

Thats dreadful news. What a terrible blow coming so close to sail date.

The compensation does not compensate for the loss you will be going through.

I just checked the itinerary, an 11 day cruise to NZ , and the next cruise is the re positioning back to Honolulu and then on to Vancouver which sold out ages ago.I hope they dont have to cancel that as well. I would not like to cross the Pacific with a faulty azipod.:eek:

Oh no, it must be a serious problem to have to cancel the whole cruise - compensating and re-accommodating 2500+ passengers is no joke.

I hope you can rebook something at least. I feel for people who are flying in, especially from overseas!!

We are on the next one, the TP, due to depart 17th April. Many cruisers were also doing this prior B2B NZ. I am hoping it is not major, and the TP cancelled too. Would be sad for us, but far worse for those already here or in transit atm.

I'm sorry. I've been following a guy on FB from the US who is on his way right now, was doing this cruise on Radiance, 5 days in Sydney, then the TP on Explorer. He just found out before boarding his plane. So disappointing.

Really feeling for you all.

Has anyone heard if the repairs require a drydock or can the repairs take place dockside?

If so where????

Current info from a cruiser onboard now, is that Radiance will still be into Sydney Friday 6th, with repairs taking 6-8 days. So far, the TP is still going ahead. Feel sorry for those already here and those about to fly in.

We have booked a week in Christchurch. It’s better than nothing.

I’m looking into a replacement cruise on ovation next January but even that’s getting full this far out.

I love my cruises but at least I am only coming from Melbourne. So many on our role call were from the USA on once in a lifetime cruises.

It’s heartbreaking for those whom are flying so far and those currently in transit.

I'm on Radiance at the moment.There are approx 190 U.S. and Canadian pax already onboard doing B2B2B to Hawaii and Vancouver. Not sure what the arrangements are for them yet for the 11 days.

Just spoke to a friend who is a crew member and repairs are being done in Newcastle.

Good news for Newcastle as the crew will probably get shore leave.

Wonder if some of the stranded passengers will be able to use the ship as a hotel ?

Such a shame for you, at least the compensation is appropriate.

The compensation was very reasonable.

Now looking into possible cruises in June or September school holidays. I can't wait much longer for a cruise. I need to keep my cruise addiction feed

Sorry to hear about your cruise Esilef :(

It sucks when this happens!, I hope you can find another cruise to do in the next few weeks.

Thank you. We are now looking at going overseas and seeing where we can go at the end of September during the Aussie school holidays.