Delta Sky Lounge

Suzanne123

Does anyone know if you buy a day pass at a Delta Sky Lounge ( layover on a Delta flight to Europe), are you permitted to leave the lounge at some point and return? Thanks.

It is not a "day pass" but is a "single visit" pass. Far more restrictive. And it is for the Sky Club.

Technically, you get that one entrance. If you leave, say to go to duty-free, you might be able to get the agent at the entry to let you back in. But that would be totally at their own personal choice and is not part of the "single visit".

Also note that you can no longer pre-pay for an entry (too much fraud) and that capacity controls may prevent your getting entry.

LINK HERE

What airport are your talking about? Can't speak to Delta's lounges but I can to American and United's (I have membership to both via the correct credit cards) and they are not all they are cracked up to be. Depending on the airport and time of day, they can be absolutely packed. Plus at some airports you can get better food and just as good seats in the regular part of the terminal.

It is not a "day pass" but is a "single visit" pass. Far more restrictive. And it is for the Sky Club.

Technically, you get that one entrance. If you leave, say to go to duty-free, you might be able to get the agent at the entry to let you back in. But that would be totally at their own personal choice and is not part of the "single visit".

Also note that you can no longer pre-pay for an entry (too much fraud) and that capacity controls may prevent your getting entry.

LINK HERE

You mean you can't even go in and out at your leisure while waiting for your departing flight...you must stay in there ? What if I want to get something to eat or purchase something ?

You mean you can't even go in and out at your leisure while waiting for your departing flight...you must stay in there ? What if I want to get something to eat or purchase something ?

With regard to getting something to eat, all of the Sky Clubs that I have been in, including one at a Sky Team Member airline, have had plentiful food and drink choices regardless of the time of day. And, I have found the food to be good!

With regard to getting something to eat, all of the Sky Clubs that I have been in, including one at a Sky Team Member airline, have had plentiful food and drink choices regardless of the time of day. And, I have found the food to be good!

I would be looking for something in particular at one of my favorite airport (ATL) eating spots is why I'm asking. Or to purchase a magazine etc.

I would be looking for something in particular at one of my favorite airport (ATL) eating spots is why I'm asking. Or to purchase a magazine etc.

s

DW and I recently had a 3 hour layover in ATL, so we decided to go into one of the Sky Lounges (at ATL there is one in each terminal) to relax, have a drink and grab a snack. Since it was on a Saturday night, the lounge was pretty empty. The food was the typical snacks..except they had a pot full of absolutely amazing mac and cheese.

There are certainly better food options in the terminal, but we do like the lounges for longer layovers since they are usually comfy...and relatively quiet. On the other hand, we are not paying to enter. I am not sure one could justify paying $29+ per person...and perhaps that money would be better spent at one of the bar/restaurants.

Hank

If one does not have access to Delta Sky Clubs in ATL (which I certainly wouldn't pay a single day pass at $59 for), a great alternative to kill some time is One Flew South in Terminal E. The past couple of times I've connected domestically in ATL, I've really enjoyed the atmosphere (ok, and the wine) there.

I'm heading to Florida end of April to visit DS and connect in ATL - guess I'll just have to suck it up and indulge at One Flew South. :D (Disclaimer - I have no involvement with said establishment other than my frequent visits.)

If one does not have access to Delta Sky Clubs in ATL (which I certainly wouldn't pay a single day pass at $59 for), a great alternative to kill some time is One Flew South in Terminal E. The past couple of times I've connected domestically in ATL, I've really enjoyed the atmosphere (ok, and the wine) there.

I'm heading to Florida end of April to visit DS and connect in ATL - guess I'll just have to suck it up and indulge at One Flew South. :D (Disclaimer - I have no involvement with said establishment other than my frequent visits.)

Try a piece of the carrot cake at "A Piece of Cake". We take some home with us every time we connect through ATL

I have almost nine hours to kill at Detroit, beginning at 7:30 AM on a Saturday in two weeks.

Thx.

If you like to work out, the Westin might be another option. For the price of Lounge pass, you could get a workout in and a nice lunch in the restaurant there. Or, the Japanese restaurant in the Terminal is decent.

http://nomascoach.boardingarea.com/travel/shower-workout-facilities-detroits-airport-westin/

Also note, if you are platinum at Starwood or Marriott, you might get into the exec lounge there with the fee paid for the fitness room.

Edited by buggins0402

I'm heading to Florida end of April to visit DS and connect in ATL - guess I'll just have to suck it up and indulge at One Flew South. :D
OMG, how I feel for you! :D

I finally got to One Flew South about a year ago. The combination of the existence of that establishment and the relatively generous availability of award seats to/from ATL will be feeding in to future route planning!

As mentioned, it would be at the agent's discretion. If you want to eat somewhere in particular, I would simply plan to do so before visiting the Sky Club, or leave the club with enough time to do so afterward. Either way buy your magazine before entering.

s

The food was the typical snacks..except they had a pot full of absolutely amazing mac and cheese.

There are certainly better food options in the terminal, but we do like the lounges for longer layovers since they are usually comfy...and relatively quiet. On the other hand, we are not paying to enter. I am not sure one could justify paying $29+ per person...

Clarification: The $29 fee is the discounted rate if you have a Delta AmEx. Otherwise it is $59. As mentioned, passes are subject to crowd control. As for the "one in each terminal," there are actually 2 in A and 2 in D, 1 in each of the others at ATL. Food offerings have increased over the past couple of years; I have no problem finding enough to make up a meal. The only times the offerings are a little skinny is late morning when they are switching over from breakfast to the lunch/dinner items.

Typically for breakfast you will find hot oatmeal with assorted toppings, breads/bagels/muffins, boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit of some kind, coffee and juice. Later in the day you find assorted snacks such as crudites, hummus, crackers, snack mix, cookies, as well as some basic salad fixings (although I noticed baby shrimp among salad fixings the other day at one of the clubs), mac and cheese, a soup, chicken salad, pasta salad, cookies, fruit etc. It does vary a bit from day to day and from club to club. Some clubs have a "local" offering of some kind.

Yes, but as Waterbug explained, you will pay the discounted $29 pp per visit charge and entrance is subject to crowd control.

I guess I didn’t explain very well. I meant can I use miles, not cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums