To have a reception or nah?

Hi everyone!

We’re closing in on the big day (7/20 - Carnival Pride) and The more I think about it the LESS I want to do the reception back on the boat.

All the guests are sailing so we’ll be with them the entire week and it’s a short port call (Freeport) so I honestly think the time would be better spent meeting up at a local seafood place for drinks then hitting the Lacayan market.

Has anyone done this ? Did it work out for or against?

FWIW - I’ve spoken to both my sisters and they didn’t expect a reception anyways.

Thanks in advance!

How big is your group? I am doing a 1.5 hour reception with open bar and appetizers for 50 people onboard and it was actually quite affordable. I don't want the hassle of coordinating anything with a large group.

We are looking at less than 25 with everyone cruising together and the wedding is on the 5th day. If it were a bigger group, I would be leaning more towards the formal reception back on the boat, as well.

• 4 weeks later...

We did not do a reception when I had an embarkation day wedding. We did one big group dinner at a specialty restaurant which we (ok, My in laws) paid for, and we did a cocktail party the last afternoon (which was a free perk from our group booking).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did not do a reception when I had an embarkation day wedding. We did one big group dinner at a specialty restaurant which we (ok, My in laws) paid for, and we did a cocktail party the last afternoon (which was a free perk from our group booking).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you tell me a little about the cocktail party perk? What was included? How many people were in your group booking? I'm looking to having to have a ceremony and reception onboard a Carnival Cruise and the sales agent mentioned this to me but wasn't able to fully explain the perks of group booking.

Hello everyone!! I'm also getting married while cruising on the Pride. We're leaving June 24th with a group of close to 50 people (which is a lot more than we expected) and will be getting married in Grand Turk on the third day. They've changed the wedding packages around so we switched to the Classic Diamond and will have a 1 hour reception back onboard the ship. I'd love to know more about the cocktail party as well.