Aqualina and Prime C refurbishment on Journey

uktog

c4153d8ed0568d17bcfcb56c18700631.jpg

Here is a lovely photo of the Aqualina team who worked so hard to do the change round on turnaround day. They are a great crew.

Unfortunately I’m going to be honest I hate the change in Aqualina. If you go as a couple only your table is as small as in the MDR and almost as close to others. I know they are going to try and look at the layout and where they can move adjacent tables but basically the number of covers they will run potentially will be higher.

You also lose the flexibility if you’ve booked for two and decide later to add 2 more. Probability now you will not be able to on popular nights.

The chairs are ok at first I thought I liked them but after an hour on them they are really hard.

We go to prime C later in the week I will see what it’s like and take photos

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is a lovely photo of the Aqualina team who worked so hard to do the change round on turnaround day. They are a great crew.

The team, indeed! How wonderful to see these smiling faces again - we've fond memories of our meals with them last month!

Teri & Mark

Way to modern for me, they do look uncomfortable. I saw pictures of Primes chairs and I liked them better. Not seen the tables yet.

Has menus been updated since last summer?

No menu change but far more specials each night than before.

Yes the chairs are uncomfortable they’re ok at first then after about 30 mins ouch and I’m well padded :)

No menu change but far more specials each night than before.

Yes the chairs are uncomfortable they’re ok at first then after about 30 mins ouch and I’m well padded :)

I like the idea of more specials. Sometimes I pre order a veggie meal. Asian always. I also find the soups can fill me up.

I guess I will get up and walk around and come back to more food.

I am not sure what direction the furniture people are going to but not only ugly but not comfortable.. in baseball that is two strikes.

Unfortunately I’m going to be honest I hate the change in Aqualina. If you go as a couple only your table is as small as in the MDR and almost as close to others. I know they are going to try and look at the layout and where they can move adjacent tables but basically the number of covers they will run potentially will be higher.

You also lose the flexibility if you’ve booked for two and decide later to add 2 more. Probability now you will not be able to on popular nights.

The chairs are ok at first I thought I liked them but after an hour on them they are really hard.

Always nice to see this bunch. We miss them. Always smiling Roy and Aileen.

Furniture looks a bit 70ish. Not to my liking, but as long as food is great I forgive a design blunder.:):)

Why don't they change the furniture in Spirits in stead?

We were the last 4-some in Aqualina having dinner with the "old" furniture. We had done exactly as was mentioned earlier, both having reservations for 2, decided to combine at the last minute. The staff were removing all the chairs as we were finishing our meal. Loved the old furniture.

I presume this is to accommodate more people so it will be easier to get a booking. It was nice, though, having a table for 4 for just the two of us. Do they push the tables together if they get a lot of bookings for 4 or more?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They do indeed I think the maitre d will be working conundrum permutations every day. There is however not enough space on a two top for glasses, breads, garlic oil etc etc.

Yes as with everything else it’s all about profit. I hope they increase the number of waitstaff and kitchen staff or service will suffer in time

Ann,

I am so grateful that you are informing us about all these changes but my heart is sinking.

Those chairs are horrid and look extremely uncomfortable.

Azamara used to be a cruise line that wasn't interested in nickel and diming. Now it appears to be just the reverse.

We love relaxing dinners in Aqualina, sometimes just as a two, often with other friends. I won't appreciate our table neighbours being able to hear every word of our conversation.

Watched the old stuff being pitched in the dumpster while boarding the ship in Singapore. Wondered what it was about.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Really? Pitched into the dumpster?

Obviously, they weren't going to have a yard sale or leave furniture on the street in Singapore, but there must've been someway the business bringing replacements could've taken them away to resell or contribute to someone/someplace that could've made good use of them. Sad.

Melissa

Really? Pitched into the dumpster?

Obviously, they weren't going to have a yard sale or leave furniture on the street in Singapore, but there must've been someway the business bringing replacements could've taken them away to resell or contribute to someone/someplace that could've made good use of them. Sad.

Melissa

Yes probably hauled to recyclers.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to your comments and photos.

As an aside, whilst there you might toast the outstanding young athlete Bruce Mouat, another Edinburgher

He was magnificent last week in that other Scottish sport that doesn’t involve a dimpled ball.

In his honour Prime C can provide the ice but I fear not the granite.

In a word, the new look is awful. Looks like Windows. Or maybe The Patio. Row upon row of little tables. No privacy. No room for servers to move. No room for everything that should be on your table. Round tables are gracious. Little square ones are hospital cafeteria.

In a word, the new look is awful. Looks like Windows. Or maybe The Patio. Row upon row of little tables. No privacy. No room for servers to move. No room for everything that should be on your table. Round tables are gracious. Little square ones are hospital cafeteria.

I couldn’t agree more. Very disappointing and it appears to be quite a downgrade from the understated elegance that Aquafina once had.

Another epic fail. Those tables for two guests are ridiculously small for a speciality restaurant with menus that encourage you to order side dishes (especially Prime C). There's no space to put those side dishes. What's going on with the decisions going to the ships? Who is in charge of making these decisions? I think they are asleep on the job.

Phil