Live Blog of Celebrity Silhouette 13-day Trades wind Transatlantic from a 22 year old

EpochTraveler

Hello!

Welcome to what will be quite the interesting review/live blog of my FIRST time experience on Celebrity.

On this trip I will be having a lot of first times;

My first time on a Celebrity cruise.

My first time traveling solo on a cruise.

My first time doing a transatlantic cruise.

To wrap this all up; I just turned 22 a few days ago so this is my birthday present to myself. A little bit about me:

I am a frequent cruiser on RCL but thought it was my time to change to a more relaxed paced cruise line like Celebrity. Even though I am a fresh 22 I am not the loud, obnoxious party type of a person that you would except. I enjoy quiet, serene tranquility and really have a grasp for the “finer” things in life. Granted I love to have fun, be adventurous and try new things, explore but I am certainly a counterpart to what you might think of when you here 22 years old.

Currently as I type this I am sitting in a relaxation room waiting for my facial then I must run like a maniac to Logan Airport (Boston) to catch my flight in a few short hours. (Very few hours, and crazy planning on my part!)

I will keep you updated with everything from my thoughts, pictures, experiences.

If anyone wants any information about the Silhouette feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer all your questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 1 Update;

So after my phenomenal facial I was off to the airport! As soon as I was pulling in JetBlue sent me some text alerts saying my first flight to JFK was delayed an hour and since I was running late the butterfly’s in my stomach subsided. Checked in and had to pay for overweight luggage. (This boy LOVES his shoes) {Note to self; Listen to your mother when she says you don’t need all those shoes! [emoji23]}

As the whole check in process starts I received more and more texts saying we are delayed all the way until the departure time of my connect flight! (INSERT IMMEDIATE PANIC MODE)

Yes I panicked, while I am leaving a day early because of this shenanigans this still can give one heart issues.

I was fortunate to catch a direct flight to West Palm Beach getting in 3 hours earlier than my other flight, AND FREE transport from West Palm to my Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. (Thank you Pawnbroking skills!)

So in a short hour I will be en route to West Palm (shoes and all thank God! [emoji120])

I’ll keep you all updated on my lovely adventure down to sunny Florida!

Wow, I'm impressed. Cruising on Celebrity for the first time but not your first cruise! When I was 22, I didn't know what a cruise ship was. Maybe there weren't any then:D:D!

Silhouette is my favorite ship and we will be on her in Nov again. Don't miss the Lawn Club Grill. (You might just get a discount the first night.)

Wow, I'm impressed. Cruising on Celebrity for the first time but not your first cruise! When I was 22, I didn't know what a cruise ship was. Maybe there weren't any then:D:D!

Silhouette is my favorite ship and we will be on her in Nov again. Don't miss the Lawn Club Grill. (You might just get a discount the first night.)

I work very hard, and extraordinarily fortunate to be able to do this.

YES! I got a dining package and can not wait to eat at the specialty restaurants. Just got off Anthem of the Seas in February and we ate at Wonderland and I can’t wait to compare it to Qsine.

I’m hoping she will turn into my favorite ship as well! [emoji5]

Stay tuned! [emoji18]

Day 1 ending:

As I type this after a very exhausting plane ride and now sitting in the back of an Uber with an additional one hour commute to my hotel. My day is coming to an end.

I am super excited to board the Silhouette tomorrow and already looking forward to telling you about my experiences on board! Thank you all for the well wishes and hopefully you can live vicariously through my live blogging!

Looking forward to reading more! We are sailing on Silhouette in May, first time on Silhouette but we have sailed on the Eclipse which we loved. Hoping you have a really lovely crossing! Have you plans for when you reach the UK or will you be flying back soon after?

Looking forward to following your Transatlantic. We sailed Silhouette Transatlantic last April and thoroughly enjoyed.

Great that you were able to rearrange your JetBlue schedule to West Palm Beach due to the delay/miss connections on your scheduled flights. That's what I call thinking outside the box!

I always wanted to do a cruise in my 20’s but it just never happened, actually only did my first cruise at 41 which was a transatlantic on the Silhouette and I’ve been hooked ever since [emoji51]

Hope you have a great cruise and I’m looking forward to you’re updates [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just finished my first TA on another cruise line, from San Juan to Barcelona.

Glad to find your live blog.

I already want to do another TA , it is such a relaxing cruise wit all those sea days in a row.

Looking forward to reading more! We are sailing on Silhouette in May, first time on Silhouette but we have sailed on the Eclipse which we loved. Hoping you have a really lovely crossing! Have you plans for when you reach the UK or will you be flying back soon after?

I only get to spend the weekend in the UK, and it will be my first time! My first day I will be going to Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor Castle then the next day I have a tour of London and back to America and reality soon after... [emoji17] (I have 15 days not to think about this though!)

thank you for taking the time to blog. It is a distraction from the freezing rain, snow , and wind outside. we are still waiting for Spring to arrive in Ontario.

I am also from the Frozen Tundra of Massachusetts, so I do feel your pain!

Day 2 Getting On Board:

First I would like to thank all of you for the well wishes and hope you enjoy my blog. [emoji5]

So I barely slept last night I got to my hotel at a lovely 1 AM and then ordered room service at 2 AM because I did not eat at all from the hectic flight situation, and the tummy was-a-rumblin’. I woke up at 7 AM and couldn’t fall back to sleep from all the excitement. Let the hotel at 10:40 and got to the port in 15 minutes.

It took a whopping (Drumroll please) TEN MINUTES to get on board. Let me reiterate TEN MINUTES. That glass of champagne was in my hand that fast, and it only took so long because of the maze it takes to get on board! Everyone has been so kind, from port staff to the celebrity staff.

Right now I’m sitting in the dining room for the Concierge Class lunch. Only thing I’ve noticed everyone is acting strange that I am by myself. Dining room note: tables are millimeters apart. I not kidding that the distance between tables is about a hardcover book length.

First impressions and more exploring will come in my next post stay tuned!

Day 2 continues;

Had a wonderful lunch at the MDR and was walking around outside and around the ship. Truly a beautiful ship. I cannot fabricate enough verbiage for it. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Tasteful. Spacious. A lot of nice touches. As I walked around I did notice;

I think many of these passengers called each other the night before that they were all going to huddle into the Hideaway and library until rooms were open, it was like sardines in a can. Cafe al Bacio is a no-fly zone. It’s like going to jail in monopoly. Do not pass go and do not collect 200 dollars. It’s so crowded and people were adding to the Silhouette’s art collection by being human statues. I waited outside the doors to go to our stateroom on deck 10 until 1 and a gentleman opened the door so I asked if the rooms were ready and he said he sure go ahead! I have been carrying a 15lb

Backpack and my goal is to not turn into the Hunchback of Notre Dame so I ran to my room to leave my belongings. Soon after I hear a knock and a member of housekeeping is looking at me in shock and confusion as to why I’m in my room and I explained to him and he politely kicked me out of my room to vacuum even though the room was spotless.

I am currently waiting in my room for my bag so I can unpack and not have to worry about things.