Help with booking air To and from Australia

This time difference is driving me crazy!

We are booked on a cruise for Feb 23, 2019. We are flying out of Vancouver Canada on Feb 20th and arriving on Feb 22. (We can't leave before the 20th) my confusion comes when we return.

We leave Sydney on March 6 and to arrive back to Canada at 7:30 am. I have to book connects from Canada to TN and want to make sure I will arrive back to North America on March 6th.... not on a different date.

Air Canada site doesn't state the date only the time.

Maybe I can clear this up. I have flow many times from the West Coast (SFO) to Hong Kong, which is the same basic time zones. Coming from North America (west) to Asia you add one day, and sometimes 2 days if you leave very late. Coming back Asia (east) to North America you lose a day.

So in general you leave Canada on Feb 20th and you will be in Australia on the 21 or the 22nd. If you leave on March 6 your return will be on the 6 or the 7th. If you tell the time you leave both places it would help.

They don't put the date of arrival, but they'll put a +1 or +2, meaning plus one day or plus two days from the date you left.

So your flight TO Australia should be a +2. Your flight home should be arriving on the same date you left, so March 6. If it was a March 7 arrival, it would have a +1.

As Aus Traveller says, when I fly SYD to LAX, I arrive in LAX before I even left Sydney. Time travel!

They don't put the date of arrival, but they'll put a +1 or +2, meaning plus one day or plus two days from the date you left.

So your flight TO Australia should be a +2. Your flight home should be arriving on the same date you left, so March 6. If it was a March 7 arrival, it would have a +1.

As Aus Traveller says, when I fly SYD to LAX, I arrive in LAX before I even left Sydney. Time travel!

Yes, I’m flying on Christmas Day to DFW from Sydney. I will get there before I left Sydney. It is going to be the longest Christmas Day I’ve ever had.