UK to Miami

liberty64

Am trying to book on Allure of the Seasfor September, but I can't find a direct flight from the UK apart from London. I'm very surprised that there are no direct flights from Manchester or any other northern airport for that matter.

Am I doing something wrong??

Sent from my F3311 using Forums mobile app

Am I doing something wrong??

No.

The only non-stops between Miami and the UK are to London. I assume when you said direct you meant non-stop because they are not the same thing.

Dozens of one stop options on either side of the pond between Manchester and Miami.

No.

The only non-stops between Miami and the UK are to London. I assume when you said direct you meant non-stop because they are not the same thing.

Dozens of one stop options on either side of the pond between Manchester and Miami.

Probably looking at Edinburgh to Miami via Heathrow or Dublin, whichever comes in cheaper, unfortunately no direct flights anymore from Manchester

Sent from my F3311 using Forums mobile app

Am trying to book on Allure of the Seasfor September, but I can't find a direct flight from the UK apart from London. I'm very surprised that there are no direct flights from Manchester or any other northern airport for that matter.
The closest destination to which you'll find a non-stop from Manchester is probably Orlando.

If you're starting from Edinburgh, there should be a lot of sensible connection points to choose from. On the eastern side of the Atlantic, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris and Zurich all seem to feature in addition to London.

Unfortunately, if the bulk of the market in the region focuses its priority on "whichever comes in cheaper", then the prospects for non-stop flights from that market are usually pretty bleak.

There has been on and off flights from Manchester to Miami over the years, but they usually don't last. Just not enough demand. The only non-stops to Florida from anywhere else other than London is to Orlando.

I would suggest just flying into Miami from London or another European airport like Dublin.

Also, remember to search for flights to Ft. Lauderdale/FLL as well. FLL serves the Miami area, it is just a a little bit longer of a drive. Flights to FLL are usually cheaper. British Airways and Norwegian fly LGW-FLL. While I am sure you saw that BA, Virgin and American go to MIA from LHR.

The only other flight that would not really take you backwards would be a stop in Dublin with Aer Lingus who does fly DUB-MIA. A stop in Lisbon would not be too bad either. TAP usually has very low fares.

There has been on and off flights from Manchester to Miami over the years, but they usually don't last. Just not enough demand. The only non-stops to Florida from anywhere else other than London is to Orlando.

I would suggest just flying into Miami from London or another European airport like Dublin.

Also, remember to search for flights to Ft. Lauderdale/FLL as well. FLL serves the Miami area, it is just a a little bit longer of a drive. Flights to FLL are usually cheaper. British Airways and Norwegian fly LGW-FLL. While I am sure you saw that BA, Virgin and American go to MIA from LHR.

The only other flight that would not really take you backwards would be a stop in Dublin with Aer Lingus who does fly DUB-MIA. A stop in Lisbon would not be too bad either. TAP usually has very low fares.

I would definitely go for the Dublin routing. The ability to pre-clear immigration in Dublin means you will not have to suffer the torment of the Miami immigration process!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

If I recall Thomas Cook flies from Manchester to Fort Lauderdale. You can get a shuttle from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Not that I am aware of. I checked the list and don't see MAN as a listed destination for FLL, even seasonally.