Which itinerary is correct??

skopgat

I'm a first time Celebrity cruiser - and I've got to say their website is a bit sketchy. When I can get it to behave, it tells me that on my June 16 Equinox cruise we will be in Costa Maya on June 19 and Grand Cayman on June 21. I wanted to see how many ships would be in port on those days and all of the information that I find elsewhere (including the official port information) has the two days swapped.

I'm considering making a reservation at a beach resort in Costa Maya (the name escapes me right now) and you have to prepay it - I'd hate to make it for the wrong day. Any advice as to which itinerary I should trust? Or should I just play it safe and not make any prepaid arrangements?

Thanks! I can't wait for my cruise and to try Celebrity for the first time!

Gwynn

jkgourmet,could not find the live chat feature on the US Celebrity web site. Have you used it?

Oops. Yes, you are correct. N/A in america. :( Try calling

1-888-751-7804 They might be open 24/7, but I don't guess that you're in a huge rush.

Ack, I got all excited for a sec that there was a new online chat feature.

Given the current website and the accuracy of the info from customer service when you call, what are the chances of that "chat" person being accurate or useful:rolleyes:. Sorry, couldn't help myself.....

We were on a Caribbean in 2016 where the captain of the ship changed the itinerary mid cruise due to the amount of ships in one of our ports. He swapped two ports so we would not have to tender. So anything can happen. It worked out great for most of us but there were a few people who had booked private tours that had to scramble and contact those people.

I'm considering making a reservation at a beach resort in Costa Maya (the name escapes me right now) and you have to prepay it - I'd hate to make it for the wrong day.

Gwynn

First of all, trust the itinerary on the Celebrity website over the ships in ports of call websites. Second, is the resort you are thinking of Maya Chan? If so, it is a great place. Here's their link:

http://costamayabeachresort.com

Have been there twice and had a great time both times.

That's the spot! It looks fabulous.

I would suggest contacting them through the website to make a reservation ASAP as they book early and only take a certain number of reservations (like about 100-120 people) before selling out. Trust the Celebrity website itinerary. Maya Chan will be flexible with you if dates should change, subject to availability - and will also know what ships are scheduled to be there on what dates.

Hope you enjoy it!

I just looked carefully at the Maya Chan website and it says if the ship doesn't dock you get your money back - so I think I'm going to go based on the itinerary from the ship and hope for the best!

Thanks for the good advice.

The Celebrity website currently doesn’t even have the Equinox having a day three on the itinerary for our upcoming cruise so I wouldn’t count on it being accurate

Sent from my iPad using Forums

....but I would think your confirmed reservation information would should your - and the OP's - correct itinerary. And if there are any questions, I would think if you called Celebrity - or your travel agent if you used one - they would be able to confirm it for you.

....but I would think your confirmed reservation information would should your - and the OP's - correct itinerary. And if there are any questions, I would think if you called Celebrity - or your travel agent if you used one - they would be able to confirm it for you.

True, and I do have it. I was pointing out that the website may it be the best place to get accurate up to date information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums