At last! Coffee cards! At least on Eclipse. (Maybe only a test?)

cruisestitch

I would be all over this like a dog on a bone for cruises where we didn't have a drinks package. The free stuff in the OVC can be pretty bad at times.

This isn't like Princess where the coffee card upgrades your regular coffee from syrup-based to fresh grounds. This card is only for 'specialty coffees' like espresso and capucchino. But on our last Celebrity cruise they had upgraded the regular coffee in OVC to fresh grounds and it was pretty good.

I am not sure that purchasing a coffee card is any cheaper than just putting ones coffee on ones seapass card. The "specialty" coffees one gets in the MDR and the Oceanview café are not of the same standard as the coffees obtained in Café Al Bacio. The buffet has Lavazza drip filter coffee as standard, as does the MDR and specialty restaurants which for many is fine. If one has a drinks package the coffees are included anyway. I am wondering if this is a gimmick to appease "Princess" customers who have used coffee cards for years. Not sure how it will go as 87% of Celebrity customers have a drinks package of some form already so we are looking at appeasing around say 8% of customers because the remaining 5% will only drink the "free coffee regardless or pay as you go

I'm not sure why this excites the OP, but if it makes them happy, then have at it and enjoy! I find the coffee available in OVC and restaurants acceptable, and also enjoy the specialty coffees available with the beverage package. Glad this new addition pleases.

Yes I am posting from the TA where the numbers of people with purchased beverage packages is lower than most other cruises but the staff say this is likely to be offered on their upcoming cruises as well.

And so what if it is an effort to appease Princess cruisers coming to Celebrity? There’s nothing wrong with that.

For those who sail inside staterooms or who don’t choose the beverage package as a perk, this is a nice savings (approx. $20). And the card has no expiration date.

Yes I am posting from the TA where the numbers of people with purchased beverage packages is lower than most other cruises but the staff say this is likely to be offered on their upcoming cruises as well.

And so what if it is an effort to appease Princess cruisers coming to Celebrity? There’s nothing wrong with that.

For those who sail inside staterooms or who don’t choose the beverage package as a perk, this is a nice savings (approx. $20). And the card has no expiration date.

WAIT. I'm confused. I thought the free alcohol package was not offered on TA's and repositioning cruises???

WAIT. I'm confused. I thought the free alcohol package was not offered on TA's and repositioning cruises???

It is not offered as a perk, but, you may purchase a beverage package. If you are lucky, you can catch a sale on the website before the TA.

I'm not sure why this excites the OP, but if it makes them happy, then have at it and enjoy! I find the coffee available in OVC and restaurants acceptable, and also enjoy the specialty coffees available with the beverage package. Glad this new addition pleases.

I think it is fairly clear that the OP does not have the benefit of a drink package.

If one is not Elite Plus or does not have a drink package it seems like a good deal.

We are already coveted for coffees...It may bring more folks to Cafe al Baccio.. which is .already crowded serving drinks, long staying card players etc.., Used to be a quiet retreat with quiet coffee house atmosphere...now not so much!

I think it is fairly clear that the OP does not have the benefit of a drink package.

If one is not Elite Plus or does not have a drink package it seems like a good deal.

I think OP is a Zenith member with 670 on Celebrity.

I am on Eclipse now wonder I have met him?