Celebrity Solstice cabin 9153

duokid

We have booked cabin 9153 on Celebrity Solstice and have noticed that there is a "pipe" or something attached to the ceiling of the balcony. Does anyone know what this is? Does it obstruct the view?

The "pipes" you refer to are part of the superstructure supporting the cantilevered deck 12 above and, as per the posted picture, are not present on deck 9, so they will not have an impact on your balcony. They are present on decks 10 & 11, and while certainly noticeable, they do not have any real impact on those balcony views.

Thanks. I can also see one towards the back of the ship on deck 9 but that one doesn't look like it is connected to or near the divider. My travel agent says that they could be CCTV security cameras? Would really like to know for sure.

Thanks. I can also see one towards the back of the ship on deck 9 but that one doesn't look like it is connected to or near the divider. My travel agent says that they could be CCTV security cameras? Would really like to know for sure.

Well there are many CCTV cameras located all over the ship - including ones that would have side views of the ship including the balconies, and are used for security reasons. But I'm not familiar with them being on the balconies themselves. Even if it was, it would not be trained specifically on your balcony. Looking closer at your attached photo it does seem to be somewhat of a unique structure, but it is likely an "innocent" part of the ship's structure. I wouldn't be overly concerned with it, but if you want, perhaps you could see if your travel agent could change staterooms for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for all the information. I have changed our stateroom. I am probably a bit overly concerned but because it is a reasonably long cruise for us, I didn't want to get stuck in a room I wasn't happy with. It will be our first cruise with Celebrity Cruises so hopefully it will be a good one.