Snacks on Departure, Balmoral

RocketmanRon

We are going on the Fred.Olsen Balmoral Swedish Cruise from Rosyth on 16th May 2018 and due to the person taking us to Rosyth having to be elsewhere that afternoon we will be arriving at Rosyth about 14:00, luckily our boarding time is from 14:30 so I don't think it will matter that we will be a little early.

Are snacks available on board on the afternoon of departure or will we have to wait until our dining time at 18:15?

We have been on other cruises with Fred.Olsen from Rosyth but used to arrive at the latest possible time as we only live 30 or so minutes away and the person driving us to Rosyth never had to go back to their work, though this time they have to.

Ron

Hi Parsman - digressing, however I doubt you'll mind.

We drove past EEP yesterday and that reminded me the second pair of playoff games are on BT Sport - if we get there.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/play-off-dates-and-tv-selections/

If the Pars can't get one point on Saturday they should be shot!! If only they hadn't had so may draws they would have been challenging for the top.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi also on that cruise we got 3pm time have you done this cruise before?

No, but I've been to Norway, France, Spain, Portugal, round Britain, Guernsey etc.

I go on Fred Olsen cruises because they leave from Rosyth not where they go :).

Any time I don't have to do the dishes is a holiday.:D

I have been on fly cruises before, now I prefer the half hour or so it takes to get to and from the ship from my house.

Hi Folks,

We'll be joining you. We did almost the same cruise last year, when it sailed from Newcastle.

A couple of different ports this time. Malmo and Visby, instead of Lysekil, Helsingborg and Karlskrona.

Didn't do the Ice Bar or the Abba Museum, but definitely thinking about them this time. We did the evening tour which included the radio/tv tower. A great view from the top as the whole city was bathed in evening sunshine. It turned out the following day was a public holiday and the streets were very quiet so the driver took us further and showed us more of the city than planned to fill in the time.

Because of the public holiday entrance to the royal palace was free which didn't please those who had paid for the FO tour.

We also did the boat trip (with Fred) which wasn't quite what I was expecting. I thought it would be around the city centre but although we saw a bit of that it mainly went out of town to see the surrounding areas. Still an enjoyable trip.

We paid for the transfer into Gothenburg but the day before we arrived they made this free and we were automatically refunded. We walked around the town centre and did the Paddan Tour (boat trip) around the canal on our own. Good weather and an excellent guide made this a great time.

The weather forecast is looking good (22C in Stockholm today!)

See you all next week.

Colin.