Parking at Newcastle

At Port of Tyne you drive into the car park as directed by staff on the gate and park where shown. The porters then take your luggage and you lock your car and keep the keys before making your way to the terminal to check in.

Book through Fred as it's cheaper than booking direct.

The port is easy to find and well signposted from the A19, just before it goes under the Tyne Tunnel to the South.

If you're a miser like me you will be able to find parking through Park at my House and probably arrange for the person with whom you leave the car to deliver you to the terminal and if you phone, once you know the disembarkation time, they would collect you.

If you're a miser like me you will be able to find parking through Park at my House and probably arrange for the person with whom you leave the car to deliver you to the terminal and if you phone, once you know the disembarkation time, they would collect you.
I've not found anywhere suitable in Newcastle with Park at my House. Edited by RocketmanRon

• 2 weeks later...

We drive down regularly to North Shields as my son stays there. Allow about 4 hours from Stirling area, good stop for coffee at Morrisons at Berwick on Tweed. Watch the cost of parking at the terminal, think it is very high. You might be better going down the night before and staying at the Premier Inn at Royal Quays next to the terminal, cheap overnight room and free parking included

Watch the cost of parking at the terminal, think it is very high
£9.50 per day.

How far is it from the terminal for a couple with limited mobility but still able to walk for 15 minutes before their hips start to protest?

Do you just book the room for the night before and leave your car for the 10 days until you come back?

Is the car park secure?

Premier Inn will let you park for just a donation for charity but car park is not secure, just an open car park for the hotel and shopping park. Cruise terminal is secure and you are close to terminal but is £9:50 a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

marc62 I think you are confused, I am posting about seemingly paying £30 for a room at Premier Inn and parking for 10 days.

I wouldn't even need to stay in the room if I booked it for the day I sail, just check in then go on my cruise.

That's if I understand this properly.

So 10 days parking for the £30 cost of a room?

It’s £78 for the room, so I would rather park in the secure car park, costs more but I would rather have the peace of mind. And in any case when you fork out £000s for a cruise, it seems penny pinching to not make sure your car is secure.