Getting Around in Astoria

So I just realized that Astoria does not have uber/lyft in the area which is amazing to me but anyway. What are the options for getting around? I see some disagreement on whether or not the trolley runs after Labor Day. We will be in town the 22nd which at least is a Saturday. Are cabs readily available at the port? I was hoping to see the column and the beach and bar hop but without uber I have concerns. :(

Ah, how the world has changed in just a few short years... Yes there are cabs in Astoria, but it's not a huge town and cruise ships are infrequent (as well as being among the likeliest ports to be cancelled on the West Coast as the Columbia Bar is challenging to cross even in nice weather), so unless you make sure you are among the first folks waiting at the gangplank there's no guarantee of getting a cab.

Car rental is a possibility - Enterprise operate there. But book a refundable rate just in case.

The trolley running or not is not very relevant - the distance covered is not huge, it's more the 'fun factor' or perhaps some cover from the rain, it's a very slow drive and frankly you can walk up to the Maritime Museum almost as fast if you hustle! Ordinarily it goes to 'runs if it runs, check local timetables' post-Labour Day, but I believe this year they are actually digging up some track for maintenance which means that even though they normally do fire it up on cruise days it might not be possible this year. The column is the only really energetic walk - and the trolley's no use to that anyway. Maybe try sharing a cab - if as many folks as possible do that to maximise bums on seats in each, you'll all have much more availability. Make use of onboard meetups to try and arrange something!

If you only want to pootle around town, pay the $6 fee to ride the local bus all day - the 11 goes to the Maritime Museum, 12 to the local mall. The port website is fairly minimal, but they do have a flyer that's up-to-date for this year with some suggestions. If the trolley IS running you can pay $7 to get unlimited rides on both that AND the buses apparently, and they do make a nice fuss of cruisers with music and a little craft market set up next to the ship.