Budget Car Rental in Charlottetown PEI

Strathmore

I have a car reserved for the day in Charlottetown with Budget. Looks like their place is about a 1/2 mile walk from the port. Anyone have experience with Budget rental at PEI? Might they pick up at the ship or do I have to hike the half mile?

Strathmore; did they happen to mention whether you had to prearrange pick up or they are just there? I was thinking we would just walk to the office to p/u the car we rented from them since it's not that far but if they are already there picking up... why not catch a ride.

I have a car reserved for the day in Charlottetown with Budget. Looks like their place is about a 1/2 mile walk from the port. Anyone have experience with Budget rental at PEI? Might they pick up at the ship or do I have to hike the half mile?

It is an easy 1/2 mile walk. They did not pick up at the pier when we used them, but they did drive you back to the ship at the end of the rental.

It is an easy 1/2 mile walk. They did not pick up at the pier when we used them, but they did drive you back to the ship at the end of the rental.

This certainly sounds do-able. I worked in a rental car agency for 5 years and we did this - offered a ride back to the cruise ship after returning the car. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned Budget this morning to confirm my upcoming reservation. I asked about shuttle service from the pier to the office. The person I spoke with said that they have a shuttle that runs in the morning. There is no need to call. A shuttle will be at the pier close to your reservation time. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
This is really useful information. Could you let us know how it worked out?

When we got off the ship, we walked through the terminal and out to the parking lot. A gentleman holding a budget sign was there. We walked up to him, told him we had a reservation and he said "hop on in". It was great!

• 3 weeks later...

Just now seeing this after the fact but thought I would chime in to add my two cents.

Had a great experience with Budget in Charlottetown. Yes, they pick up at the pier. If you happen to miss the pickup, just give them a call. We missed but the very helpful volunteers who distribute travel information readily gave us their cell phone. George is the driver and he is the husband to Maryanne (last name is MacDonald). They were both so wonderful and helpful. Also, gave us a ride back. Couldn't have been easier. Tell them the folks from Kentucky sent you to them,

• 2 weeks later...
Would those of you who rented cars this year be willing to share what you did during your day there?

Thanks in advance.

Did the loop heading up to the Anne of Green Gables Homestead, going around the top of the island and coming back down through the little fishing villages etc. Also parked downtown and saw the various sites there. Had lunch. Also, found a government wine store to replenish our supply. Had a late start about 9:30 a.m. and still had plenty of time to do everything. Think we turned in the car at 3:30 p.m.

Did the loop heading up to the Anne of Green Gables Homestead, going around the top of the island and coming back down through the little fishing villages etc. Also parked downtown and saw the various sites there. Had lunch. Also, found a government wine store to replenish our supply. Had a late start about 9:30 a.m. and still had plenty of time to do everything. Think we turned in the car at 3:30 p.m.

Thanks so much! Did the driver feel like they missed out on a lot by having to drive instead of being able to watch?

Thanks so much! Did the driver feel like they missed out on a lot by having to drive instead of being able to watch?

Not at all. The roads are very easy to drive on. We stopped wherever we felt like. And to be honest, some of the scenery was ALWAYS the same.

There are 2 Budget locations in Charlottetown. Is the 215 University Ave location the one that sends the shuttle to the port?

Yes, that is the address the Budget that is closest to the port. The other is the airport location.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is a couple of years old, but I've been searching for car rental info in Charlottetown. Budget no longer offers a shuttle to the pier, but says it is a ten minute walk. Just in case anyone else is looking for information, I thought I would update the thread.

Thanks for the useful update, Susan.

BTW, are you planning to write a review of your cruise? We're taking the same one in July and I'd love to hear about yours before we go.

Enterprise does have a shuttle at the pier - it basically waits to fill up one van and then returns and continues - while the walk might seem like it's only ten minutes - there was so much history along that walk that it took me almost an hour to get back to the pier.

Enterprise will shuttle you back to pier if you want them too.

This information was current as of Oct 2013 when I used Enterprise to explore the Island.

Cheers!

Dennis

Thanks for the useful update, Susan.

BTW, are you planning to write a review of your cruise? We're taking the same one in July and I'd love to hear about yours before we go.

I'll probably write one, but it may not be before your trip. We're spending a week on the East Coast after the cruise. Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by TwoSue
error