DIsembarking in Seward - Help needed from those who have sailed Sojourn Northbound

envirochick

I have found an easy way to dress for some formal nights---a simple black dress with a scarf with some sparkly metallic threads. Works for me! AND, I felt comfortable even with those in formal gowns. However, I'm contemplating taking my favorite black tie dress next time--which will require pressing.
DW says a silk scarf is the secret to making casual look dressy.

Robsian, I agree with your wife. I'm always a little more dressed up than elegant casual for dinner, so formal is just a step beyond that--and sometimes all the same. I have some elegant casual items I wear to tea--which sometimes stretches into dinner.

Lovely of the Parisians to share their fabulous scarf tricks with the rest of the world!

So I have been able to change our lodge trip to the day after disembarkation. We’ll probably head to Anchorage, pick up a rental car, sightsee on the way back down to Kenai and then catch the 9:00 am flight to the lodge the next morning.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Temps I've seen for AK cruises the past couple weeks have been all over the place....You know, summer in SE Alaska ;p

This. We had some nights where it was too cold and windy to consider the Patio, while there were other nights where literally some people were wearing T-shirts and shorts at 8pm. The DC police did not make them walk the gangplank...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have just come back from that cruise. Yes we did arrive at 7am .

If you can handle you own bags and not put them out for others to take off the ship , then go and see the personal in the square and they will assist you in how to get off earlier.

We had to be outside by 8am,I know that is not as early as you want , I do think it could be done by 7.15am

They were people on board that had book day tours and had to be off by 7.15.

Hope that helps.

Hi I have just come back from that cruise. Yes we did arrive at 7am .

If you can handle you own bags and not put them out for others to take off the ship , then go and see the personal in the square and they will assist you in how to get off earlier.

We had to be outside by 8am,I know that is not as early as you want , I do think it could be done by 7.15am

They were people on board that had book day tours and had to be off by 7.15.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for posting the info. In the end I did push our bear viewing overnight back one day. We’ll head to anchorage on disembark day and rent a car, then turn around and come back to the Kenai Peninsula. The itinerary doesn’t flow as well and there’s some backtracking, but everything worked out. How was your cruise Shyla? And tips you’d like to share?

There isn't any tips that I can think of. We loved the zodiacs if you are doing one in Inian islands I would go for the 5.30am time slot it is worth getting up for. The tide is better and the sea life more active.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.