Shuffleboard?

M&PGermany

As far as I recall there are no such facilities on the E/O ships. But there is a Retreat instead.

Pardon me whilst I pull my angry face. :mad::mad:

(Not shooting the messenger here, just to be clear!)

Pardon me whilst I pull my angry face. :mad::mad:

(Not shooting the messenger here, just to be clear!)

You knew this right? The Retreat (for which I have just received my 5th or 6th promotional mail for our upcoming cruise) has taken over the piece of deck which is normally used for shuffleboard or other deck games, or for people to circumnavigate the deck during their morning perambulations.

I observed some deck games being played in very close quarters on the pool deck (Ovation) one day as we were eating lunch in the Patio Grill. I didn't pay much attention as to what it was they were playing. The CD was involved.

What a shame. I thought they had moved the shuffleboard to a different place. I wonder how Regent managed to come up with a shuffleboard space on Explorer...

But thanks Seabourn. Glad you put soooo much thought into Ovation :-)

You knew this right? The Retreat (for which I have just received my 5th or 6th promotional mail for our upcoming cruise) has taken over the piece of deck which is normally used for shuffleboard or other deck games, or for people to circumnavigate the deck during their morning perambulations.

Yes, I knew. It makes my blood pressure rise every time I think about the lost space on that deck!

I've had two of those promotional emails so far and it's not even a month since I booked the Ovation cruise.

Yes, I knew. It makes my blood pressure rise every time I think about the lost space on that deck!

I've had two of those promotional emails so far and it's not even a month since I booked the Ovation cruise.

We have two weeks to go and I expect at least one more mail plus a full press when on board.

It doesn't matter. We're looking forward to the ship, to Seishin, the new Earth and Ocean and our couple of TK reservations. The Retreat is just something we have to live with for a few years until Seabourn gives it up.

On our 21 day voyage on Ovation in June, we didn't even bother to go up to the Retreat deck. On the first afternoon of our voyage, a reception was held at The Retreat for anyone who wanted to go and see it. I'm sure SB was hoping to sign a lot of people up during the enthusiasm of the Retreat reception.

We DID take a look at the Retreat last September on the Encore and were in no way interested in spending any time there.

There is a shuffleboard spot on The Ovation which I just happened to stumble across on my recent voyage on her in July. It was on Deck 11, I believe, and was not in use. When I happened to come across it, a bunch of deck chairs were stacked on top of it, so it was definitely not in use. I'm not sure if there were any shuffleboard tourneys organized during my Norway cruise; I can't recall anything in The Herald.