Sojourn Pool Deck

Julise67

Maybe you missed my earlier post, with confirmation from the Office of the President, dated August 6th, that deck repairs are scheduled to take place "well before January 2019".
I saw your post. I'm just reporting facts. Today is August 7th and the 4 month Los Angeles to Cape Town cruise departs mid October. AFAIK no scheduled cruise between now and October has been canceled. So either deck repairs are going to occur during someone's cruise or *gasp* Seabourn might not be telling you the whole truth.

I saw your post. I'm just reporting facts. Today is August 7th and the 4 month Los Angeles to Cape Town cruise departs mid October. AFAIK no scheduled cruise between now and October has been canceled. So either deck repairs are going to occur during someone's cruise or *gasp* Seabourn might not be telling you the whole truth.

I agree. The ship is not going out of service anytime soon and proper repairs require a dry dock for a complete deck replacement. The repairs the email refers to are probably the ongoing repairs to keep the situation somewhat manageable. They were constantly making small repairs overnight on our cruise, which somewhat fixed a certain area for a few weeks at most.

I agree. The ship is not going out of service anytime soon and proper repairs require a dry dock for a complete deck replacement. The repairs the email refers to are probably the ongoing repairs to keep the situation somewhat manageable. They were constantly making small repairs overnight on our cruise, which somewhat fixed a certain area for a few weeks at most.

Another agree. I also saw the reply from Seabourn management and took it with a generous pinch of salt. I'm never quite sure what the point of asking these questions is as one always receives a generic positive answer about how it's all going to be fixed.

Simple facts; this deck was mis-laid. Water got underneath it. It's a ship which gets wet and dry again on a daily basis. Messing about with the deck in places isn't going to fix it, it's just going to annoy different groups of passengers on a rolling basis until the decking is replaced, which will require a number of days of full-on work where you really can't have passengers on board. There is no likely time to schedule that work within the coming months so the deck will remain a bodge job of constant annoying repairs for the next 12-24 months.

Apologies for 'banging on', but I do think that if the Patio Grill and/or Bar are going to be closed at any time during any cruise passengers should be informed before boarding.

I agree lincslady. I was on board for the attempted repair between Kobe and Alaska, which was a major disruption, closing the Patio Grill and Patio Bar, and the attempt was UNSUCCESSFUL.

I agree lincslady. I was on board for the attempted repair between Kobe and Alaska, which was a major disruption, closing the Patio Grill and Patio Bar, and the attempt was UNSUCCESSFUL.

Currently the repaired areas are in good shape and if you didn't know they had recently been replaced you'd think nothing was amiss. However, I agree with Emperor Norton and you that because of the patchwork replacement they're likely to have the same problems recur long term. Wouldn't surprise if the bean counters have decided patch-and-replace is the cheaper option and pax, who've long past paid their non-refundable fares, can suck it up and deal with it.