Internet on Ovation

Mahogany

For recent Ovation sailors, is internet service better on this new ship as previously reported? Does anyone know what the cost is for unlimited access? Is it priced per day, or for total cruise length? Thanks. I was on Encore in December, but the memory is weak:o

Internet was blazingly fast on the Ovation last month, good enough for skype chat as well as streaming videos. We did lose signal on and off while sailing in the Norwegian fjords for a day or two due to the topography, and then a few days later we lost internet altogether due to a technical issue. They flew in a technician, who spent almost 3 days on board before fixing the problem.

As for pricing, it's been discussed numerous times on here. Just do a search or go on seabourn.com

Not to be snarky, but if I could find the info on seabourn.com, I would go there first. I did, and all it says is .40 /minute rate, and "several different advance purchase plans are available on board at lower rates".

Not to be snarky, but if I could find the info on seabourn.com, I would go there first. I did, and all it says is .40 /minute rate, and "several different advance purchase plans are available on board at lower rates".

For a 14 day cruise I usually take the unlimited package which is priced at $399. (Last cruise was in December so may have changed since then).

I'm not sure if there's a lower priced package for shorter cruises, I just can't remember.

I seem to remember the $399 charge as well. Also not sure about various lengths of cruises. For our Ovation cruise in June, speed was quite fast and connection never lost (Baltic area).

For US residents, Sprint and other companies are offering $25/7days of high speed data services, and low speed internet is included with most plans at no cost. Phone charges and text are every reasonable as well. The old days of getting hammered seem to be gone. Check the sprint website for the countries where this is available.

Here's the info for Sprint.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/global-roaming.html?ECID=vanity:globalroaming

I'm not sure about the other carriers.

$400 vs. $25 .... I can wait till the next port to send a few emails and check in on facebook.

Note: I have no financial interests in Sprint or other services. I do not sell phone services. :-)

Bon voyages.